Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The pen pal deer

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Congrats man. Reading about you hunting and killing this buck was a big part of why I joined this site. Your story drew me in and then I started reading some of the others and I've been hooked since. Best of luck this year!

Same thing here Joel, I will always remember the story of the deer named Duece to the day I die. It was an inspiration. I wanted that challenge. This site & TOOzers have been a huge influence on my passion of chasing whitetails. If a typical dude like I can pull it off, no reason the rest of you cant. Good luck to you all.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Makes me happy to read that Alex. The older I get the more I realize I was never meant to kill that deer. The story as it rests today was always how it was meant to be. Maybe someday I'll start and finish a similar story!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Makes me happy to read that Alex. The older I get the more I realize I was never meant to kill that deer. The story as it rests today was always how it was meant to be. Maybe someday I'll start and finish a similar story!

After your story, I locked in on a 175" 15 point with a drop that ghosted in 2010. We all or will deal with that misery... I don't regret anything though. Just have to start over lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great deer Alex. The tannery did a great job of getting the tire tracks off him and diesel fumes out of his fur. Still cannot believe the story you made up after running him over. mischeif.gif

Glad to see him make it home. You earned him and outwitted him fair and square! Congrats again!