Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The pen pal deer

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is one hell of a story, Alex. Definitely an instant TOO hall of famer IMO. I think we all learned a lot about mature deer from just reading that. Way to go dude... Very happy for you!

Excellent points indeed. I would say we all gained as well. Definitely HOF material as well. I just keep going back to look at the pictures. That is just a stud. Complete hog. Very happy for Alex as well. There have been quite a few of these this year. Hard working hunters who killed massive, mature deer. Glad Alex connected and added to the TOO harvest. There have been some mammoth deer tagged on TOO this year. This deer fits in my book as a true monster!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Thanks guys. As I said before I learned through trial and error and learning from you all through the years. Online forums have changed my life as far as chasing the whitetail deer, on so many different levels. I was simply introduced to a different world of deer hunting. Theres an atmosphere here that can not be picked up on through TV or magazines. I use to be a kid with a summit viper climber, carbon spray and 40 acres to hunt behind my house. I'd just go sit in the woods and hope for the best. But then came a time that I wanted a challenge.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Seriously, one of the best write ups I've ever read. Well done!

And, I might add, this is the way I want it to go down with me. I don't want it to be easy.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Wow Alex that is a great recap on how your last couple of seasons ended up putting that awesome set of horns in your hands. Way to stick with it and totally enjoy your time pursuing that giant buck. Congrats buddy.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great writeup on a great deer.
I've been deer hunting since 1965 and considered myself pretty good. I signed onto TOO about 18 months ago and I can say I learned more in the last 18 months than I thought I knew in 48 yrs.
Thanks to all the guys of TOO site for great advise and knowledge.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
What a great read Alex, a well deserving deer for a more than deserving hunter! It's always been my goal to chase a specific buck and harvest it, and I admire the fact that you were able to put it all together and take a great buck you had history with. Hats off to you my friend!