Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The loss of a C-130

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
There’s a video that caught the crash via a security camera. Pretty tough to watch.... Stalled, nosed over and rolled.....

That's what it looks like to me too. Already low airspeed and stalled when trying to make a turn. The turn looked pretty sharp to me almost like he was looking for a spot to set it down and tried to line up an approach. When it stalled in that turn it just nosed over, rolled upside down and went in vertical. But what doesn't make sense to me about the video is if he was in trouble already with low air speed why did the aircraft bank in the turn instead of keeping it flat and using the rudder. I don't know, sad situation all the way around.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If he was heading to the boneyard, he would of been light on the load as far as cargo,. Weight shouldn’t have been an issue and those 4 turbo props make plenty of torque to get it up to speed.... Flaps could of been in issue but seriously I doubt we’ll hear anything more about other then a search down the road on the net.

My guess it’ll be a combo malfunction/pilot error....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That was indeed tough to watch. My son has aspersions to fly AF Cargo. His CAP Commander is an engine mechanic at the 108th fighter wing and is from Puerto Rico.