Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Deer Skinning Challenge

rrr

I know that Jesse and Mark have both bragged about this, but dang...

[video=youtube;HmW87RoU7-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmW87RoU7-8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Comments:

Why is he wearing a dress shirt?

That is a VERY sharp knife.

So that's what it's like to take care of a skinny, warm southern deer...

Cap't

ok he is using a hoist , mulitple tools , and knicking the crap out of the meat , plus me and jesse were talking bout full gutting not skinning a lil bitty deer from the south , lets see that dude come up here to the hills of ohio out in the middle of the woods on a hillside in 10 degree weather and do that with ony a hutnign knife

other then that it was pretty cool

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. A warm Southern deer.. They not only have less fat but thinner hides and not as attached to the carcass. None the less it's impressive.. Sloppy.. But impressive.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep. A warm Southern deer.. They not only have less fat but thinner hides and not as attached to the carcass. None the less it's impressive.. Sloppy.. But impressive.

I totally agree. This guy is pretty good, but this video doesn't make my jaw drop. The deer is warm, has a thin hide, virtually no fat... AND, it hasn't been gutted yet. Skinning a gutted deer is a bit more time consuming than a non-gutted deer. I skin my deer just like this guy does, but no where near as fast.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Don't know about you guys, but I like mine hanging up in the garage with a fire going in the woodburner and a cooler full of Busch Lights... that way I can take my time and enjoy ever second of it!! Nonetheless very impressive video! :smiley_clap:

Matt

Norton, OH
I bet if he used compressed air to separate the hide, it would go a lot faster. I bet this guy has done quite a few hogs in his day.