Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Best Spray to Inhibit Your Scent

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The fact that I am still as diligent about my scent free habit as I was before I smoked up, is a huge part of why the technique I employ is so effective. It's only logical: Destroy all traces of order on you and your gear, then coat anything you missed with a layer of acceptable odor. It's a no brainer IMO, but it seems to just baffle some folks...

Maybe that's why you aren't getting laid as much as you would like:smiley_crocodile: ......The smoke smell kills the female urge to mate???

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Maybe that's why you aren't getting laid as much as you would like:smiley_crocodile: ......The smoke smell kills the female urge to mate???

I'm telling you one thing, I smell like Hickory smoke all Fall! My pillow will start smelling like it if i'm not careful. I smoke up so thick I have to wash my hair 3-4 times after a hunt and my wife can still smell it!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm telling you one thing, I smell like Hickory smoke all Fall! My pillow will start smelling like it if i'm not careful. I smoke up so thick I have to wash my hair 3-4 times after a hunt and my wife can still smell it!

Better wood smoke than the old days of "Tinks- Fox Pee" lol
After that I went to "earth scent" My wife hated that cause she said it made her think of a grave yard,for some reason...lol

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Better wood smoke than the old days of "Tinks- Fox Pee" lol
After that I went to "earth scent" My wife hated that cause she said it made her think of a grave yard,for some reason...lol

HAHA CJD, my dad and I got into archery about the same time because he was a rabbit hunter... our first cover scent we tried was the old Fox Pee... we almost hung up the bows and went back to bunnies! :smiley_crocodile:

I found some info to answer the question about shelf life of the home made scent (BO)reduction spray..Hydrogen peroxide is photo-reactive- it will break down when exposed to light.I plan to now use opaque bottles for both the large batches and the spray bottle I take in the field. Note the hydrogen peroxide you buy in the stores is always in dark, light-proof bottles for this reason.Looks like i got 1/2 a gallon of last years batch getting tossed out..I would say thats about a 1$ loss