Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thanks Milo

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just putting this out there as what seemed like a logical easy correction for most this was totally unseen by me. Eric asked me to send him pics of Karissa's bow and bow sight and he'd see if he can offer me some insight....no pun intended.:smiley_coolpeace:

I have Karissa shooting pretty decent right now at 20 yards and shooting decent groups in the 3-4" range but the groups still tend to be a little high. The problem I had was the sight aperture and top pin(20 yd) were both as high as they could go. With her bow tuned to a tee and peep already set for her form I was totally stumped as what I could do with this original Trophy Ridge sight that came with her bow. The pro shop didn't have her sight it in then and we were shooting up at the butt a lot up till a few weeks ago. Now that we're trying to dial it in more and set her pins I realized I had a problem and needed some guidance.

After sending a few pics Eric texted me if there was any way I could flip flop the sight arm to where it curves upward instead of downward like it was. After a quick look over I saw that the screw holes appeared to be recessed on the backside as well so I detached everything and flipped it over and also flip flopped the sight aperture and snugged everything down. The only thing different now is the adjusting windage set screw is underneath the sight arm versus the top which isn't a biggie.

Now I have her bow shooting pretty close to where we left off but we have much more room to adjust pins to the north if needed. I'm sure grateful for his help in fixing this problem. I just wanted to put this out there in case any newbies out there ever runs into this problem there is always this option to consider!

Thanks Eric!!!

Pics

Before(notice the sight arm curving down)

After(notice arm curving upward)

I shot one arrow at 5 yards in our garage using her 20 yard pin which should be pretty close when we resight her bow in tomorrow but now we have plenty of room to adjust upward now...:smiley_clap:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Nice work. Will have to meet sometime. Im always down gor learning new things about the bow

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes, Milo is a great guy! And a hard worker as well. Nice having so much different help on different topics at our fingertips! :smiley_coolpeace:

Great Job Eric.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks fellas. Just doing what I do. Can't solve them all but I get my fair share