Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thank you letter from tonk

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
From fish & field report

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382153641262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382153641262.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I just laughed out loud. I'm glad its in the paper because it is news to me that us hunters are the ones managing the deer herd. Sure we can control what we shoot or don't shoot in our tiny little bubble, but beyond that its up to regulations to control what our neighbors shoot, and those regulations are def. not framed by any hunter I know. Set down with hunters and a round table and hash out a plan, you then I could say his statement was halfway legit.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have got to believe Seth. "If you build it, they will come." It is propaganda to the mass quantity of hunters out there. The guys on forums are a small percentage of the hunting public. It is the more casual hunters out there he is speaking to. PR work is all it is. I will give him credit. It is good PR work. Outside of a few hunting forums and handful of others complaining in the shadows, I would suspect many will buy it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I don't either, I bought it cause I like to read the cuffs and collars, a police report for WO's. And the buck from Wayne co was on the front.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
There's really not much info in that paper that we don't already know. Most of the chit they right about is crap that the ODNR has fed them. I wonder if the next one will be flooded with reports for people shooting bucks during the doe only muzzleloader.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
There's really not much info in that paper that we don't already know. Most of the chit they right about is crap that the ODNR has fed them. I wonder if the next one will be flooded with reports for people shooting bucks during the doe only muzzleloader.

The only ones you will read about or even hear about are the BIG bucks. If it isn't a 140" buck or bigger they won't say anything about it unless there is a big stink about a certain deer that somebody keeps calling about. You forget they don't want deer lol. Every year there are probably hundreds of calls for poaching they don't bother even following up on. Comes down to not enough WO and too many calls to handle so many go unanswered.

Last edited: