Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tennis Elbow?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I love my neoprene sleeve I bought when I was still playing ball. Compression has always helped me with aches and pains.

Sounds good. I can't help but chuckle with the images of a TOO outing in 15-20yrs. We will all be walking around in freaking wet suits for compression to help our ailments, aches, and pains. Full body pain. lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds good. I can't help but chuckle with the images of a TOO outing in 15-20yrs. We will all be walking around in freaking wet suits for compression to help our ailments, aches, and pains. Full body pain. lmao

Lmao Phil! I'll be glad to be just kickin!!!rotflmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jim, what’s the latest on the elbow situation? Doing any better? What was the fix?

Thanks for asking, J. To be honest, I haven't done much as far as exercises go. However, it has gotten much better. It flares up now and again but nothing like it was 6 months ago. I basically put myself on a regimen of 800 mg of ibuprofen 1-2 times a day for a week or so to knock the inflammation down. At the same time, just tried to rest it as much as possible. So far so good. Every now and then when it flares up I hit the ibuprofen and it usually takes care of it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks for asking, J. To be honest, I haven't done much as far as exercises go. However, it has gotten much better. It flares up now and again but nothing like it was 6 months ago. I basically put myself on a regimen of 800 mg of ibuprofen 1-2 times a day for a week or so to knock the inflammation down. At the same time, just tried to rest it as much as possible. So far so good. Every now and then when it flares up I hit the ibuprofen and it usually takes care of it.

Miller was spot on with the stretching, that combined with some resistance rubber bands will do wonders for it...

I do enough damage to my liver on my own without adding anti inflammatories too the mix lol

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I have it pretty bad in both elbows. Its to the point that I can't grab anything.

Last week I got shots in both of them. The doctor said it would hurt way more than my knee injections. 15 minutes after the shot it hit full force and would have killed a lesser man..... LOL

I need to start physical therapy for it now. There is no way I'm going through that again..... LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

I do enough damage to my liver on my own without adding anti inflammatories too the mix lol

Ha! Yes same here. I should have added, the direction to take the ibuprofen did come from a doctor though. He said the exercise and stretching is good but you have to reduce the inflammation first. And he said ibuprofen really doesn't reduce inflammation until you hit 600 mg or more.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ha! Yes same here. I should have added, the direction to take the ibuprofen did come from a doctor though. He said the exercise and stretching is good but you have to reduce the inflammation first. And he said ibuprofen really doesn't reduce inflammation until you hit 600 mg or more.

Military medical practice, first appointment.... 800mg ibuprofen is the standard. Marine candy basically.... Well next to crayons that is.

Wmiller07

Exercise and stretching are the only ways to keep the pain away. I've been doing my stretches every other day for two years and haven't had a problem since.