Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Basketball tryouts and evening with the wife. I got to hunt morning and evening yesterday and saw at least 7 does on 2 different properties but only one small 6pt. Good luck fellas!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Sick to my stomach. Had a nice 10 come in this morning. Couldn't grab my bow as he was coming in on a rope. Watched him for a few minutes as he wandered to my left and out of sight. Just a few minutes later he circled back around. This time giving me a 30 yard shot. He was slightly quartering away. Picked my spot and settled my pin. Hit the release and let the arrah fly. He kicks and bolts. He runs 40 yards and stops. Then disappears. Wait a bit and climb down. Go find my arrow and see blood. Must have misjudged the yardage and hit low. Big pile of white hair and arrow is greasy. Back out eat lunch and go back out with a couple buddies. Find good blood and begin to track. Tracked about 1/2 mile before we lose blood. Found 2 different beds with good blood in them. We circled last blood and grid searched with no luck. What a kick in the gut. Would have been my biggest deer to date. I will go back out tomorrow morning to look more but it isn't looking good. My best guess is hit was way low. Won't be hunting for a while as I am going to have to resharpen my shooting to gain some confidence back.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Sick to my stomach. Had a nice 10 come in this morning. Couldn't grab my bow as he was coming in on a rope. Watched him for a few minutes as he wandered to my left and out of sight. Just a few minutes later he circled back around. This time giving me a 30 yard shot. He was slightly quartering away. Picked my spot and settled my pin. Hit the release and let the arrah fly. He kicks and bolts. He runs 40 yards and stops. Then disappears. Wait a bit and climb down. Go find my arrow and see blood. Must have misjudged the yardage and hit low. Big pile of white hair and arrow is greasy. Back out eat lunch and go back out with a couple buddies. Find good blood and begin to track. Tracked about 1/2 mile before we lose blood. Found 2 different beds with good blood in them. We circled last blood and grid searched with no luck. What a kick in the gut. Would have been my biggest deer to date. I will go back out tomorrow morning to look more but it isn't looking good. My best guess is hit was way low. Won't be hunting for a while as I am going to have to resharpen my shooting to gain some confidence back.

Stick with it buddy. It happens to us all of us. Keep at it and it will pay off.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
2016buck.jpg
I got us some points fellas.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Here is the one I arrowed this morning.
He came in cruising alone about 10 minutes after legal light. My boot got caught on the stand support cable and made a loud 'pop' as I was positioning for the shot. He jerked and looked at me and I was sure it was game over. He didn't bolt though and I put one through him a few steps later. He ran about 80 yards and I heard him go down.
He is a 6 year old that we have 3 years worth of sheds from. It was good to finally connect with him!
Real small body for such an old deer. I'd guess him at only 160 or so field dressed.

HW.jpg

HW2.jpg

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Here is the one I arrowed this morning.
He came in cruising alone about 10 minutes after legal light. My boot got caught on the stand support cable and made a loud 'pop' as I was positioning for the shot. He jerked and looked at me and I was sure it was game over. He didn't bolt though and I put one through him a few steps later. He ran about 80 yards and I heard him go down.
He is a 6 year old that we have 3 years worth of sheds from. It was good to finally connect with him!
Real small body for such an old deer. I'd guess him at only 160 or so field dressed.

View attachment 49556

View attachment 49557

Wow!!! What a monarch!!! Congrats man! That is a GIANT!!!