Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Could of shot 2 last night at about 10 feet but they didn't have any beards on them. I'm gonna try to go in the morning before work at my dad's he called and said he's heard them everyday this week.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
My girlfriend and I have been hunting pretty hard all year. And after a real close call yesterday we decided to go back in for one last hoorah. We set up where we've been hearing the turkeys all year, but didnt hear a thing on the roost. There were turkeys gobbling across the road though, 3 different ones, so we went after em. We got set up in about the same spot that we did yesterday in a feild in a bottom. Ended up having a tom come in, gobbling and strutting. The feild is in a bottom, with shelves above it. Where we were sitting there was a shelf directly above us. We could hear that tom walking and strutting, I'm talking like 20 yds away directly behind us. We just couldn't see him. He circled around to our right and came down into the feild. For some odd odd reason he got to about 50 yds, but wouldn't come any closer. He did a few alarm putts and walked off. Directly after that, across the field coming at us was 3 jakes, a tom, and 3 hens. They ever so slowly worked towards us until they got to about 80 yards. The tom was strutting about the whole way. But once again, they held up and starting to walk off. I'm not sure what the deal was. The decoy looked good, we were extremely hidden in brush. It was wierd. Anyhow, as they were walking sort of away, the 3 jakes stayed out in the feild. All of the sudden, turkeys were all around us. There were hens on our left and right, both going crazy. That tom from earlier gobbling to our right, a hen and tom gobbling across the road. All at the same time. It was crazy! As all the commotion started to slow down, the jakes broke and came into my slate call. They got to about 40 yards and morgan pulled up and shot the 1st jake in line. He wasn't a stud but it's her first turkey and she's pumped! It was a pretty awesome morning with a lot of action.