Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8 - GR8T RACKS

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Beenie yer a good sport. I'm lookin forward to seeing Warm's assortment of spikes. Good luck to you guys. :smiley_coolpeace:

So Racks - who's planning on being out Opening Day?
Everybody got their tags bought?
Bows tuned up?
Gear in order?

Tags are bought.
I'll be out in the morning next Saturday - got a surprise 50th party for a friend that evening, so I gotta cut the day short.
Not too tore up about that because the weather might be high 70's/low 80's.
The Horton is zeroed and this gear is just about ready to go - gonna do inventory, start smoking, preliminary packing this weekend.
Pretty stoked.:pickle:

JPN

coshocton
I'll be out opening day for sure. Im not sure if Ill make it out sunday because I work this weekend but I may get out in the evening. I still need to buy my tags. The bow is dialed in, but I still need to wash my clothes which I plan on doing tonight. Other than that Im all set. Also my scent smoker came today and Im pretty excited to give it a try.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Close but no cigar guys in KY.... I didnt have access to a four wheeler last saturday Sept 10 and had the big 10 walking under my stand while I was hunting a 1/4 mile below him down the holler bc I couldnt get to the top of the mountain. He came out at 7:35 and gave me a 40 yard shot ALL night! Talk about pissed, i was just freakin below him!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
You definitely have a good chance of putting us on the board early and setting the pace for our team.... Good luck and stay at it Ruttin..... I really like the bobcat pics.. Are they protected in KY?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Nope your allowed 5 bobcats starting in Nov.! Here kitty kitty kitty!!!! Im going to check my number one card tomorrow or thursday with this rain to keep my scent down and see whats stilla round. Been several weeks without checking them and one is on video mode so it should be interesting. Last time I checked my cameras everything was still in velvet so im ready to see whats cleaned up and actually shooting material!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
This piece of property is not very big and Ive been putting some time into it over the last 18 months and even had Jesse walk around it and give some really great ideas about how I can make it productive for me, with that being said, I don't own this property and yesterday when I went to pull my cards there was a small truck parked in the place where Im parking that had a rabbit dog box in the back of it. While I was coming back to my car I look across the bean field and see 2 guys in camo walking the edge of the field. They have asked for permission and it was a go for them, Im a little in the dumps but I do realize that when I dont own the property I cant control who has permission to be on it. Now Im trying to come up with a good approach to asking the landowner for lease rights without sounding like Im trying to control his property. My kids are within a couple of years of hunting and my main goal is to have a place that could be productive for them enough to keep them interested.. Ok I will get off my box and quit pouting, good luck to you guys this weekend...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
The 4wheeler is on the trailer and parked in the garage - hook up and go.
Smoked the clothing last nite.
Scentfree soap and deodorant standing by for tonite's shower.
Put a flashlight on the target and took 4 shots at 27 yards - 1 heart shot 3 lungs all within 3 inches of each other at 11pm
Last minute packing tonite then in bed between 8-9
Probably fall asleep at midnite
Gotta put it out of my mind and try to get some work done today.
I got it bad

JPN

coshocton
Not much luck this morning, only saw 1 doe. My dad had the buck we call bullwinkle 20 yards behind him but couldn't get a shot. Going back out here soon. Felt good to be out in the woods again.

Kujo

Maumee, OH
A day for the record books! not in a good way though. 1st time on opening day I didn't see a deer. I know things don't get going on these too properties until late season, but I thought I would at least see 1. Guess it can only get better right!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Went out for the first time tonight and didnt see a freaking deer, BUT I checked my camera on the way out and Geronimo is back! Theres 3 pope deer on this proeprty but I think im only going to shoot geronimo or titan as ive posted in the trail cam section

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
didn't hunt sat, was on stand all day Sunday, saw nothin...at 7pm I decided to give it up and left the blind, 20 steps later Miss Doe shows herself, doesn't see me. 10 mins of spot/stalk turns into a missed shot and comic story, more later.

The decks are cleared for next weekend though, no distractions, 2 days of hunting.

Kujo

Maumee, OH
Well, didn't put any points on the board this weekend, but I have a GR8T sit Sunday night. I was sitting in the stand my cousin got his doe out of Tuesday night and at 7pm I was covered in deer. 3 big does came out up wind of me, then 1 doe and 4 yearlings came out 40 yards down wind. they did their thing for 30 minutes then headed back were they came from. I wasn't able to get a shot off though. They all took turns walking and checking. They were on edge, and never had a window to draw back. Can't wait for all the corn to come off around this piece of land, should make for some fun rut hunting!