Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8 - Aces N Eights

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
How did your sit go tonight John?

Started off a little odd, as I was crossing a hay fuel I could see three doe come running right for me. Lucky there was a fence row between us, as I knelt down trying to hide they made a big loop and right back to the woods they went. I'm sure they never saw me, but it put me on alert the rest of the way in. Made it about another 60 yrds and got blown at by two different deer that were bedded.

By the time I made it into stand all was quiet till about 1730 then a solo young buck for about 20 minutes. At about 1830 the doe's started to filter out to the field. With one buck at last light in the woods. He was larger but never came out of the woods.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Wow that is a heck of a vacation!

Well went out this morning and walking past the still standing corn I damn near got ran over by 2 does! The closest ran out of the corn about 5 foot in front of me running full blast, needless to say my hunt almost ended there due to me almost shating on myself! Now before I could hunt I had to hang the hang on, on the tree. I got it all strapped in long before daylight, took off my pack and was snugging it down on the tree and then I heard the alarm being blown. The only other deer I saw while sitting was over in the cow pasture, and Im not sure who scared who more the calf or the deer.. I heard something running so I looked over and the calf was running one way and the deer the other and both were hauling ass!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's coming to a head fellas and the shits gonna start flyin'! Good luck to anyone able to get out this week and weekend!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well the boy has a Dr appt at 0930 so I will take hime to that and as soon as I drop him off at school I will be headed to the woods for a few hrs. Im hoping to be in a tree by 1100 and sit until about 1430ish.. Then head to the house get a few things done, nap then be at work at 2200.. I will let yall know what happens...

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
It didn't.. Went too the dr, got there 15 min early got back there quick and the dr took forever to come in the room then the med check and exam took longer than usual. Also this morning my son was complaining about his eye hurting, well myself or the dr couldn't see anything in it so he did a dye test.. Well there it was a big ol scratch on his eye. No clue how it happened other than he had to have rubbed his eye in his sleep and scratched it then because he was fine when he went to bed the night before. So we leave the dr office and I drop him back off at school then go get the script for the eye ointment, yes ointment not drops. By the time I got home it was almost 11:30, and knowing I had a 45 min drive to the farm, and knowing I had to leave the farm at 2 too be home at 3 I just went back to bed too get a few more hrs sleep.. Oh well I will get out very soon!!

How did your hunt with your daughter go today Ric?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Chris, saw two doe last night and Karissa had a coon crawl out of a den tree less than 8 yards away which was neat. We had a blast!

Good luck today Ryan!

Have a safe trip John! Kill a 38"er! It would help us in our point standings....