Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 7 - Boneheads

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Got out for first time tonight and saw the resident does and yearlings. Great evening to be iut with a N wind coming in off the lake. Im ready for freezing temps and snow!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hi guys, traveling for work this week but plan to be in the woods quite a bit this weekend. Was hoping the cold front would shift from Weds/Thurs to the weekend, but it won't stop me. Looking forward to pulling cards when I return and getting back in the stand!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Last Thursday evening was a great sit. Saw 6 total, 1 small 4pt and 5 does (2 mom, 3 yearlings).

This weather front timed itself perfect and I look forward to being in the stand Friday night and Saturday morning. 20-30mph winds forecasted for our area Saturday plus family pictures blows Saturday evening hunt out. No Sunday morning hunt due to 3rd sons baptism.

Just looking to put down a doe at this point. Good look if you are getting out this weekend fellas!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Great weekend to be in the woods. Saw the normal momma/yearning parings Friday evening and a new small 8pt Saturday morning around 9:20am. No shots on the does but the small 8 could have been killed multiple times.

Sitting at the dinner table tonight and we got to watch the small 4pt and 6pt walk the corn edge. They emerged at 5:52pm and headed into the woods around 6:10pm. The little 4pt spooked when he came across the 45min old dead ground hog I dropped just prior to dinner starting lol.

Hey guys sorry for the absence, things are crazy for us this time of year. I've had 3 sits thus far, all uneventful for the most part. I'm headed to IL for a few days before Halloween but then will be back to hunt Ohio. Let's hope the rut is fruitful!! Good luck to all!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
All good Chad, glad to hear business is strong. Best of luck in IL!

The weather is shaping up nicely the next couple of weeks, hope it holds out. Good luck guys.

bonecollecter

Tuscarawas Co
Congrats, was out all day yesterday and only had a small 8 in shooting range. I'll be sitting all day tomorrow and Thursday. Got some nice deer in day light just need to be in the right place

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Put in 40+ hours in the stand between Jackson and Huron counties since Tues 11/1 - Weds 11/9. Lots of deer seen, but no shooters. Busy weekend coming up, but hoping to get out of here early enough tonight to slip into the stand.

I will be in the stand tomorrow morning and evening, then again Sunday morning.

Congrats on the buck bonecollecter, moving us up the leadership board!

bonecollecter

Tuscarawas Co
I had a good day in the woods yesterday. I saw 5 different bucks a couple of spikes and lots of fawns. All the bucks i saw where cruising with their noses on the ground. I missed a really nice buck right at sunrise. He came in behind me and was at 20yrds when i saw him and i was in panic mode because he was on the move and i got my bow and stopped him in a shooting lane but before i could get my pin settled good he started to move and i rushed the shot. Clean miss. Was a full draw on a different buck but he wouldn't come a few more steps into my shooting lane. I ended up shooting a buck that was small racked 8 pt but it was a good day. I tell myself every year to not shoot anything under 130 but last year i didn't shoot a buck and passed lots of smaller deer just to eat a tag sandwich. I hunted Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday all day and didn't hardly see deer. That makes for longs days. So when i had the shot on the smaller deer i took it. The freezer will be full and it was a fun hunt. unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Any deer harvested to put in the freezer is a trophy! I am going to pull the trigger on the next buck that offers a clean shot. I need meat, been putting to much stress on the wife to juggle her full time teaching job plus a 4yr old, 3yr old and an 8month old. I am missing my mornings and dinners with them. Time to fill these 3tags! Get ready for a whooper of 20" of bone to be had lol!:pickle: