Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 6

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
So, I shot a 4 point buck yesterday here in NH with my rifle. Not a big rack at all but it was a spot and stalk hunt. Lots of fun. I still have 2 archery tags left here. One is for either sex and one for a buck only. I have a few questions regarding the contest. Do I register this deer for the contest? Does it not count because it was shot with a rifle? Since I have more buck tags can this be scored as a doe? 1st year doing this contest so I just want to make sure I do the right thing.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So, I shot a 4 point buck yesterday here in NH with my rifle. Not a big rack at all but it was a spot and stalk hunt. Lots of fun. I still have 2 archery tags left here. One is for either sex and one for a buck only. I have a few questions regarding the contest. Do I register this deer for the contest? Does it not count because it was shot with a rifle? Since I have more buck tags can this be scored as a doe? 1st year doing this contest so I just want to make sure I do the right thing.

AJ, might want too hold off posting the measurements on it till the end in the case you get a better one.... Rifle, shotgun or bow don't change anything.... We've had outta state hunters bucks count in previous years....

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Thanks J. I messaged huntn2 and he said the same thing. The way this year has gone for me I probably ought to measure him up before bringing him to the butcher. He may only score 20 inches but he might be the only buck I shoot this year. Ha!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks J. I messaged huntn2 and he said the same thing. The way this year has gone for me I probably ought to measure him up before bringing him to the butcher. He may only score 20 inches but he might be the only buck I shoot this year. Ha!

Hell AJ you get 10 just for being a buck lol....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
5 more points on the board. Leveled a doe this morning. 40 yards, running, both lungs, split her heart in half. I'll get some pics and post it tomorrow or sunday.