Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 6 - Buck DieNasty

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I rattled in a shooter 10 point tonight. No shot, he was 34 yards but not in a shooting lane. Fugger!
I did find my 37th shed tonight. It was laying by a tree in which I was about to hang a camera. 6" base and 7" bladed brow tine. Hopefully he's still around. Lol.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Picked up a new farm today. First new ground in yeeeaarrrs. Probably will only firearm hunt it this year do to lack of scouting, but really pumped.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Had a fair day. Didn't get down to mom's until just before 9. When I pulled in there was a nice 8 standing at the bottom of the driveway. Got up in my stand but saw nothing. Rode out to the new farm I picked up and went over things with the owners. Said the other week they counted 77 deer (that is not a typo) going from their home out to the farm property.:pickle:

Back to Mom's for the evening. Had a doe a named ol' girl show up. This is her 3rd year here and she was old back then. Nice 8 showed up. I beleive he is the same 8 I posted earlier in the thead. Had his at 12 yards. He wandered off, came back, pissed on his tarsal glands at about 18 yards....was trying really hard to get killed...wandered off came back again, but never closer than 50. Saw one other 6 and at least 6 antlerless. Back at it in the morning.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I shot a doe tonight. 15 yards and took her thru the boiler room. She piled up less than 50 yards. I saw 2 does and 3 bucks today. 10 hours in a stand will kick your ass! Mines KICKED!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Left at 430 this morning.
Hunted till 9.
Went to work till 3.
Headed back to the ditch and sat till 615.
One little 4 point seen today.
Not a good day...lol

Schu72

Streetsboro
Here is a video from my hunt Saturday morining. Saw 6 bucks. Four were nice deer with one being a shooter. He has given me the slip twice now. Can't get back down until Friday. I hope they are still active.

[video]http://s628.photobucket.com/user/schu72/media/20131109_103139_zps584a9fbe.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/schu72/media/20131109_103139_zps584a9fbe.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1384126019234008973730252604228[/video]

Congrats on the doe!

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
So far it's been just OK for me. Hunted all day Saturday. Saw 3 bucks and 2 does, the last doe I shot. Hunted on Sunday afternoon in a clear cut and saw 2 bucks, one was a slammer and the other looked 115 ish. No shots were close enough. Lol.
Monday, I saw 4 bucks and a youngin. One of the bucks looked like a possible shooter, 130 wide 8 pointer at 40 yards thru brush. No shots on him were available.
Tuesday, weather sucked. With the cold temps and the snow, I think the deer were hunkered down in my area. Hardly any deer movement through out the day. Hitting it hard the rest of the week. Good luck everyone.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Good luck to you as well. I saw 5 bucks this morning cruising through at 20 yards. Just no shooters. Tonight had 2 dinks running a doe all over the place. Just wish there was a big one around...

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Haven't got to hunt since Monday and have to work again tomorrow. This sucks!!!... Did see the biggest buck of the season so far yesterday out in a field with 5 other bucks. He had to keep circling his doe to run the others off. Rut is definantly in full swing now...

Hunter II

No luck out here in Kansas yet. Ive seen several 120 8pts and passed up a 140 class 10 tonight.

I have been trying to intercept them coming out if a bedding area that is off the property. There are no trees to hang a stand in and a pop up would stick out so I am using tumbleweeds and these green spikey plants for a blind.

Here is my blind.

Here is a a little 8 passing by.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, wish I didn't have to go back to work! Lol. Had a descent week in the stand, but no such luck connecting on a shooter though. I saw 3 from the stand, but none of them gave a shot opportunity. I have the weekends and the week of gun season to look forward to. Good luck in Kansas, HunterII. Hope you team members can connect this week. Good luck to all.

Hunter II

Thanks FB.

Today is my last day to hunt out here. Looks to be a good morning 28 degrees 5 mph wind. Hopefully the deer and neighbors cattle cooperate. Watched a monster a half mile away last night. I sure would like a closer look.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Looking forward to tomorrow morning. I'll be out with my oldest on the new farm. I actually have good cell reception there so I will try and post updates. I have a feeling we will get a crack at a nice one there. I'll have my gear down there, so if he tags something I'll head back out with the bow.