Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 5

lung buster

hocking county
I've actually tried to kill a bird the last 5 mornings but it didn't happen. It seems the best action was the first 2 weeks in our area and those weeks were dedicated to my kids. One week to go so we will see if it can happen.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey lung buster keep at it and good luck.I havnt been out for over a week but am going with a friend tomorrow to help him work an old bird he has been after. Dont forget to take a pic of the kids to turn in for some youth points.

lung buster

hocking county
Hey lung buster keep at it and good luck.I havnt been out for over a week but am going with a friend tomorrow to help him work an old bird he has been after. Dont forget to take a pic of the kids to turn in for some youth points.

I can hunt everyday till the end but I'm getting burnt out! My boy had 2 very close this pm and never got to fire! Got plenty of kid pics from this season, that may be all I'm good for, lol. Not going to hunt in the morning, going to finally sleep in and take wife out for breakfast. I may sneak a kid out in the pm depending how the day goes.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I wish I could have been some kind of help, I havent even gotten the chance to step foot in the woods. Between the vasectomy and coaching my daughters softball team my time has been all but taken up. I want to get out there bad.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i tagged out sunday 8 1/2 inch beard and 1 inch spurs my brother killed the other bird thast came in 12 1/8 inch beard 1 1/8th spurs not a bad bird for his first one.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats bigten05 on the two birds you guys took. I have only been out a couple more times since I shot my bird trying to get one for a buddy. We heard a lot of gobbling yesterday and heard at least a dozen birds and saw several jakes and some longbeards with hens still, they are still gobbling hard in our area. Will try to get back out with him later in the week. One of my buddy's neighbors shot one last week with a 12inch beard and 1-3/4 inch spurs it was a nice one.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Tagged out. uploadfromtaptalk1400339950834.jpg will post more later.

lung buster

hocking county
That's a nice beard Boar! What kind of hooks does he have? You sure seem to find the good ones, congrats!

I'm sorry to report I won't be adding any turk points for the team. I did try to kill one this week but it didn't happen. I probably should of never threw my name in the contest because my plan was to spend the bulk of my time with my kids. I've killed enough turks over the years and I'd rather see them get to pull the trigger. Congrats to you all on your success!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad to have you on our team this year and it is nice to see you getting the kids out, all my friends kids were in sports and had no time so I didn't get to take any out this year. My second bird was 22 lbs 10-3/4 inch beard and 1-1/8 inch spurs. Also got some pics of him yesterday eveningsecuredownload[1] (15).jpgphpZOLs7QPM.jpgphp4Ko5TJPM.jpgphpbRyhaDPM.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes indeed, congratulations Brian! I enjoyed reading your story in the other thread. Sounds like a great time with some great friends. Well done!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys, Brock like I know you have said before Turkeys were made for kids and old guys and also old friends. LOL It really is so much more fun to hunt them with someone else and I enjoy calling them in for other people as much as shooting them myself. Been a fun season.

lung buster

hocking county
Good job guys. Its been fun sharing the season with you all. Wish I could of helped more but I accomplished what I really set out for. We came up short getting my daughter her 1st but my son got it done in the final hrs, lol. I tried to find someone to cover my shift this evening to try and give my daughter one more chance but I had no takers. Take care!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great sharing the season with you guys and lung buster the best part was seeing your son knock a big one down, does not get any better than that. What county did he get his bird in lung buster? Got mine in Hocking.

lung buster

hocking county
Great sharing the season with you guys and lung buster the best part was seeing your son knock a big one down, does not get any better than that. What county did he get his bird in lung buster? Got mine in Hocking.

It was a crazy season with many ups and downs. Very proud of Andrew and all the frustration is well worth it when it all finally comes together. I'm sure he will never forget this yr, from the start to the very last day! He killed his bird in Hocking.