Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 5 - The Redneck 5

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Says rain all weekend up here for us. Hopefully that changes. This "Perfect Storm" is coming next week so that should prove interesting.

Edit...It just changed...50% chance sat, good and cold sunday

Wayne, they're also say possible snow showers again on Tuesday for us over here 20 some miles away from you....

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Thats crazy. I cant wait for this weekend to be over with so I can put all my efforts into hunting. My answer for everyone needing me for the next 3 months is NO!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, have been waiting this stuff out the last couple of days and man it's rough not getting out there.... Steady rain and 15 mph winds going too be the mainstay for the next two days.... Looks like Thursday will be the time too get back out if not wed evening..... Keep looking for a window of oppurtunity with no luck so far.....

I guess I should be glad that we still have power and heat since some around us don't.... Schools are closed the Wife even got called off of work because of the weather..... Drove around some at last light and the good news there were no deer in any of the fields that I frequent..... Hopefully they'll be moving like gang busters after all this stuff blows through.......

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Today is going to be straight up nasty with 35 mph winds and rain peaking at 5PM tonight. It looks like Thursday morning we will be out of the worst of it and I may get out then. I have one day of vacation to use this week, so I'm watching the weather closely!!!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I am getting out in the morning, dont care what the weather is gonna do. i was planning an all day sit, but if it gets too wet i might take a break in the afternoon. From the looks of the forecast, thursday will be an all dayer for sure.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

got a couple pics of this guy last year, havent seen him since. i thought he was dead.

looks kinda busted up though. would be tough to pass him, but i might have to if he comes by.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Debating on what too do.... I'll wake up and see what its doing out and go from there..... Dang wind and rain is getting old with the rut spinning up.....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
deer took the first round here. sat till 11:00, didnt see sheit. got to a point where i was so wet and cold, I couldnt stop shivering. I am at the house now, my camo is in the dryer, my boots are by the hearter, and i am regrouping for the evening assault.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
My plan last night was to set up in the south west corner of a cut corn field. I didn't have a certain tree in mind, but I knew where I wanted to be. Loaded up the climber walked back to the spot, and just as I was narrowing down which tree I wanted, a good 8 point jumped up out of the brush under it. Damn thing was bedded in the exact spot I intended to sit. He ran south down the hill side towards a swollen creek. I didn't think he would want to cross it as fast as it was moving and as high as the water was, so I slid west to a stand redcloud has set up hoping he would follow the creek and try to slip out downwind of where he saw me. If he did that, he did it after I was gone. All I saw was a huge flock of turkeys he rest of the sit.

I am stuck at the house right now waiting for the guy from the gas company, while my wife has our daughter at her drivers exam. Will be getting back out this afternoon.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Damnit! That's 2. Just blew another good buck out walking to my stand. Got here early. Showered up, smoked up, took the long way in from the downwind side. Found a scrape that has been refreshed today. Put some estrous on a drag rag and started walking, crosswind, from the scrape to my stand. Got about 2\3 the way there and heard a commotion to my right (downwind), looked to see a real good buck running off. He ran right past the stand I was heading for and out into a winter wheat field. Last I saw of him he was just getting to the opposite edge. MAN, that's so discouraging!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Never know bud, the buck I shot last week, I spooked him out at noon, moved a stand and sticks. Came back at 3:45 and shot him at 6:15pm...

They are crazy for poon now!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
might as well make it official in the team thread.

2 for 2
shot a big ole button buck yesterday. And my first buck ever this morning. out of the same stand.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Not much chatter on here guys. hows everyone doing?

J's getting close, I can feel it.

How bout you wayne? been seeing anything?

Schu, havent heard from you lately, you still with us?

congrats again jesse, thats a friggin stud man.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like we might take the lead once Ryan tallies the latest entries! I'll be adding a doe and youth bonus at some point, so let's take this thing!!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Not much chatter on here guys. hows everyone doing?

J's getting close, I can feel it.

How bout you wayne? been seeing anything?

Schu, havent heard from you lately, you still with us?
congrats again jesse, thats a friggin stud man.

I took a bit of a hiatus. Just going through some of life’s growing pains I guess….I wasn’t coping well with things in my personal life and I let that affect other aspects of life it shouldn’t have. Life is still chaotic, but I’m feeling a bit more balanced and ready to sack up and try to move forward.
I’m glad you guys are enjoying some success so far this season. Great buck Jesse… long overdue and very well deserved.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Trying to figure out a way to get in the woods tomorrow morning. Wife won't be home until around 8:30. Not sure what options I have with the kids. I'll be hunting Belmont county Sun- tues daylight to dark.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I think we took the lead after today maybe second place? Regardless I'm just happy I could finally contribute too the points beside a doe.... been a long 4 years since I filled my buck tag....