Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 4

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hunkered down in the weeds. Old fence row of oaks splitting 2 picked cornfields. Last night there were 10 deer in this field. I am less than 100yds from where doezilla was standing. Can't see much but that means they can't see me as well either. I just need to peek out periodically without getting busted. Wind is perfect for my impromptu ground set up. It is. It is big momma doe or none. This muzzle loader isn't real rewarding of a kill in my eyes. Given my schedule and the size of her, this isn't about rewarding kills. This is about meat in the freezer. Impromptu hunt on the ground for a mature doe will be satisfying though if I can pull it off.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hey Taylor, I figured out how I shanked that shot Saturday. I flinched on the shot. I was afraid it was going to hurt on my shoulder so I flinched. Pushed the shoulder into the gun driving it forward and down causing the shot to be low. Won't happen again now that I know what I did.

Diablo54

Outside
Hey Taylor, I figured out how I shanked that shot Saturday. I flinched on the shot. I was afraid it was going to hurt on my shoulder so I flinched. Pushed the shoulder into the gun driving it forward and down causing the shot to be low. Won't happen again now that I know what I did.

That makes sense Adam. We will have to make you a big shoulder pad. Lol :)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That makes sense Adam. We will have to make you a big shoulder pad. Lol :)

No, I just need to get it in my head that it's not going to kick enough to bother my shoulder. It honestly didn't bother it after I shot but I must have had it in my mind that it would before I shot even though I wasn't thinking about it at the time.

Diablo54

Outside
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413548407.650033.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Added my 5pts and Taylor I think still needs to add his yet. We are climbing that hill fellas.

Youth bonus for taking his girlfriend? Sorry Taylor, had to say it. I am jealous because I can't chase girls (young women) anymore.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sitting tomorrow most of the day. Morning hunt: Stand location I have not been seeing a ton of activity. I truly believe it is going to be a rut stand in the future. RIght now is the time to try it. Evening spot I feel I have more opportunity. Just need a bit of time to get back there and settled in with the climber. Narrow strip of woods with creek running through it and corn on either side. To my SW a couple hundred yards is a camp with no hunting. I KNOW bucks cruise this area in the rut pretty hard. Pulling the tarsal glands out of the freezer for tomorrow. Rain all day Friday. Wife works the weekend. Things are setting up for what appears to be one of those magic days in the woods. Crossing my fingers. Buck time for this guy.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck Phil.

I probably won't get out until maybe Saturday morning but most likely Sunday. Then it will be every morning I can after that. Should start seeing some bucks I hope. The few sits I have had and Dante has had on the property no bucks have been see as far as I know yet.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure where the points stand, but I would say Team 4 is doing ok. Can't be in last place. Taylor is one I have confidence in. He is good for a buck. Adam seems to be hitting it with some regularity. He is due for one. Kevin? Paging Kevin? Has he reported yet? lol Good luck fellas!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Been dead around here since Wednesday. Nothing moving. I drove around yesterday evening and finally seen a couple doe out in the neighbors cut field so I think I might head out for a few hours today and see if the bucks are cruising again.

Diablo54

Outside
Been dead around here since Wednesday. Nothing moving. I drove around yesterday evening and finally seen a couple doe out in the neighbors cut field so I think I might head out for a few hours today and see if the bucks are cruising again.

I've been hunting hard lately. The bucks are moving way better now than what I've seen all year. Had shots at 5 different bucks yesterday but not the ones I'm after.

Congratulations on your buck Phil he looks like a good un!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Found out this morning the bigger 8pt was shot yesterday evening. Guy must have gut shot it because he said they jumped it 8 hours after his buddy shot it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Taylor. Good luck fellas. Would love to see you all connect. Not for the contest, just like to see good guys holding antlers.