Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 4 - The Raging Booners

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Well guys, i tried. That rain was just to much. i sat as long as i could but by 5:00 I was soaked to the bone and shivering so bad I wouldn't have been able to hold a bow still if I had to.

clothes are in the dryer, be back at it in the morning.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Ive been out, only seen dinks and a borderline 10 point. Once things heat up generally the bigger studs come out of the wood work. If given the oppurtunity I'll take a piebald doe Ive been watching since last season. Saw her thursday night. I think she 2.5 this year.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
So whos out tomorrow? I got the babysitter situation squared away for this weekend and next. I'll be off friday through monday next week. Hopefully the way this "rut" (if you can call it that) has been playing out, I should be hitting it in a good window next week.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Missed a 145-150 10 point Saturday. I SUCK. 41 yard shot, thought it was 50. Switching to cross bow for the moment while I continue aggressive ground ambushes. After stuff dies down I'll be back in the stands with the compound.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Missed a 145-150 10 point Saturday. I SUCK. 41 yard shot, thought it was 50. Switching to cross bow for the moment while I continue aggressive ground ambushes. After stuff dies down I'll be back in the stands with the compound.

Damn! That sucks. I've been there man. Missed a dandy last year at 45 yards. I thought it was 35. That's what makes now hunting so damn hard.

Good luck Guys. Hang in there. Lots of good hunting left.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I hunted 5 straight days up until Sunday evening. Go figure...My plans was to take a 2 day break. Guess who shows up Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. I'll be out in the AM then have to work in the afternoon.

Times an hour off due to the time change.

I'll be out every morning. Evenings when I can.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Almost positive I had him at 30 yards in the honey suckle. Couldnt make him out but saw the body,l too big to be a doe. Theres only 3 deer in there that run singles. Him and 2 other scrubs. Saw both scrubs in an earlier encounter. Working at 8 am tomorrow, way behind in work so I'll be out for an evening hunt for tomorrow then Im going back to consistent mornings.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Still trying but I need the stars to fuggin align on this one. I was up late last night, I looked at the forecast, rain and high winds. My buck showed up at 7am this morning. Ive been mixing it up from mornings to evenings. Just need to be there when he slips up.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
got my buck entered along with youth bonus.

Cool.
I've been sick for a couple weeks. But i'm hoping to be able to get out for muzzy this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.
i have some youth points to put in, but i was holding off until i have a deer to enter. i'm still hoping that happens.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I'm done. Never been a fan of shooting does but I did get the trail cam bonus! I take that back, there's a piebald doe, 1.5 yr old this year that I will be hunting next year. Hope she makes it and puts on a little size.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never shot a doe in my life. Sounds crazy, I know, but I never have. However, it's been two years since I killed anything with my bow and I have the urge to bust my cherry on a doe now.

Plus, with my 3 kids loving deer meat, I have a good reason to fill the freezer up a little more. I won't be hell bent on shooting one. If I go, it'll be right out behin my house with easy access. We shall see.

I'm also still working on getting Kody a shot at something with his bow. Hopefully a buck starts showing up on camera.