Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #4 - Deerz & Beerz

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I saw one doe yesterday. This morning was a ground hunt with my ghillie suit. I had one buck on the other side of the creek and I played with him for a bit, but he wouldn't commit to my calls. I started to get a migraine which makes my vision blur and I rode that out of a bit and then moved. I had a doe and fawn run two feet from me but she didn't stop long enough for a shot. I was hoping a buck would be right behind, but her never came. My migraine came back so I left. It's 3:00 and my head is still pounding...
Friday is going to be an all day hunt.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I put a buck on the ground tonight!!!! The write up and pics are on a new thread. I also got some video of the shot and aftermath. Will try to put it on YouTube for everyone. I will be doing measurements tomorrow. Hope everyone else has a good night!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I was about to shoot this small 8 or 9 pt., but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Not sure why he spooked, the wind was right and he didn't look at me. I sat for 12 hours and this is the only deer I saw! I was disappointed to say the least.
[video=youtube;gccFGK6DKy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gccFGK6DKy4[/video]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looked to me like he just wasn't sure... Man, sometimes it's like those deer can just feel it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
The boy and I saw a doe with her twins about 150 yards moving parallel to us near last light. They never came upwind like I was hoping. Taking Sunday off with winds up to 30 mph.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Saw 2 Friday and 5 today, all does. They just did not get close enough for shots. I'm starting to think bad thoughts like empty freezer bad thoughts.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Nice work Derek! Carrying the team buddy! I don't know if work will allow me to get us this weekend or not, but my buddies are reporting that all the deer they are moving around the area are piling up in the standing corn around the section I bowhunt. So I'm hoping for a successful late season!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Got a doe this morning.

Attachments

• 000_0004sm.jpg
    000_0004sm.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 408

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Had a great hunt this morning. I saw 7 different does and BBs. I had twins come in at 5 yards but I gave them a pass. I haven't been to this woods for about a month and now that the corn is down, I'm seeing more deer.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Well I finally drew some blood. Dropped a bb late today, thought it was a doe because it was the bigger of 2 deer running together. 2 deer came off the top of the hill, and 15 yo kid huntin with us missed. They stopped in front of the guy above me and he shot the smaller of the 2 because it was the only clear shot. Bang-flop. The bigger one kept coming down the hill and when the doe that was just shot bleated the bigger one stopped in front of me. Another bang-flop.

We had deer all over the place today but ours were the only 2 killed.