Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, are any of you planning on making it to Strouds this weekend? I will be there Saturday morning till Sunday morning. Hope to see some of you there. If not, be careful this weekend and good luck!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, I finally got out Sunday afternoon. Hunted my new set over looking a creek crossing. With 15 minutes before dark I tickled my rattling horns softly. Within 2-3 minutes I heard him coming in. A young whipper snapper of a 6 point was standing broadside at 20 yards. He milled around for 10 minutes, looking for the source of the noise. It was a great encounter for my first time out this year.
Good Luck team mates!

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Been starting to hunt some, today starts a string of hunting every day in the morning or evening (both on weekends) until gun season, so hoping for the best.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Good luck Blackbeard. I haven't had much to report as of late. Our work has picked up here lately! Lol
One more week of work, then I have some seat time in the woods. Looking forward to it!

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Put some buck points on the board for us today team, good luck to everybody, the bucks are really starting to move around here.

20141031_090306.jpg

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome job buddy and team mate!
Hope you post the hunt of how it unfolded.
On another bright note! I just got home from another week of work away from home. I start my first week of vacation and looking forward to some time on stand. Good luck to any of you this week if you go out.

Awesome job again BB! Well done.

Buck Whisperer

402.jpg334.jpg Well got him sunday evening i scored him but forgot to take pictures of the measurements so ill have to wait untill i get my skull mount back should be about 4 weeks and ill post them then. should give us little over 80 in points with trail cam photo. Nice buck blackbeard

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
View attachment 25543View attachment 25544 Well got him sunday evening i scored him but forgot to take pictures of the measurements so ill have to wait untill i get my skull mount back should be about 4 weeks and ill post them then. should give us little over 80 in points with trail cam photo. Nice buck blackbeard
Wow! Congrats BW. That's a stud of a buck! Awesome job!
I managed to fill my tag on a great deer.
It's been posted on the bowhunting thread. We are doing pretty good in the contest so far. Good luck to our remaining teammates.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Just seen your post BW! Nice buck! With Ron (fullbore) laying the hammer down on his giant, it looks like me and Ben have some catching up to do.

Full load of classes and working full time, along with two young boys are keeping me busy right now! No class the entire month of December so looking forward to spending some late season hours in the woods!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I understand Drake. There's things a lot more important than deer hunting to tend to. Good luck to you and Ben. I am looking forward to trying out my Marlin .444 on a doe this gun season.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Great buck Buck Whisperer, glad to see some more points on the board. I just uploaded photos of a doe I got this morning for some more points for our team.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
We should be squarely in the lead with my buck, Buck Whisperer's buck, and my doe. I'm sure the rest of you will score as well so we are looking good guys.

Buckmaster

Portage
Just waiting on Drake.
I used my buck tag Nov 7th on a decent 9 point.
Using my "net" it just scored over 130" and assist our cause with 86.125 points.
Headed to PA for gun to see if I can score there.

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Welp, I got us some more points today. I shot a nice doe at 130 yards with my Marlin .444.
She dropped in her tracks with a double lung and destroying her opposite shoulder. I will post pics later in the harvest thread .