Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 15 - Team Triple Nickle

steveOh

Dayton Area
The good news is that I shot one this morning....the bad news is that I forgot to take a picture for the contest.

I was hunting by myself on the new spot in Warren Co and had a deer 15 yards to the right of my stand before daylight. I watched the dark blob for a half hour or so all the while waiting for the sun to come up. Well just before daybreak I heard/saw it walk off to south.

Shortly after legal light I heard the familiar crunch crunch sound of a deer slowly walking through the frost covered field behind me and over my left shoulder. It slowly slipped down the fence line and when it got even with me I could tell it was a good sized deer with a long face and without any head gear. When it started to pick up the pace I softly grunted and it stop. A second later the Spitfire punched it and it dropped.

When I got down and walked up to the deer I thought to myself,'now that's a good sized doe!' But boy was I surprised when I lifted its hind leg and saw that it had a good set of man parts!

It had big buttons on it's head...heck, I have shot smaller 1 1/2 year old does before! This guy was twice as big as a normal 5-6 month old button buck.

Anyway, I forgot to take any pictures and he is now hanging in a cooler at the processors, probably skinned by now.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Back too work and working thru the weekend so I'm out for a week.... Next week thru Thanksgiving its game on lol

BGarrett

Belpre
image.jpg
Apparently this big bastard has shown up near my stand.

ELEVENPOINTER

Well I got a doe last night so more ponts for the team so I will check it in later with a pic. I'm on vacation rest of the week hope my luck holds out. Now its buck time.

steveOh

Dayton Area
11 pt'r, Congrats on the doe!

Just in from a Friday-Sunday morning hunt in Jackson. Slow, very few deer sighting between the two of us.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Seeing deer not much activity since Saturday morning when someone flipped a switch too on then flipped it off again two hours later lol..,.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm done till gun season, blew the scope out on the cross bow and back up bow don't like the broad heads I'm using so the frustration level is high and ate all my motivation right out of me.... I'm back at work figured if I'm going too be stressed might as well be here lol....