Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #15 'Rack Attack'

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thanks! I had a bunch of firsts this weekend. I rattled in my first deerz. Two different subordinate 8 pts. and then a BB. Later on one of the 8 pt. was grunting at a doe and her fawn and then chasing the doe. Another first. I passed up the bucks and the BB. I wanted the doe, but she didn't come into range. I did a lot of observing as the deer stayed around me for quite some time (thanks Scent Smoker). I also saw my first two yotes while on stand and I could have shot the second one, just a pup, but I lowered my bow down and by the time I got it back up, it was too late. I tried calling him back, but nope. I took a shot this morning on a doe and flat ass missed her. And then tonight I got the BB. Great weekend for me.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Shot my buck yesterday and have been busy scoring and running the tape and taking pics. He grosses by my calculations right at 135 and 6/8 inches gross but haven't deducted his side to side and his abs yet. More points for our team anyway! WhooHoo:pickle:

Goodluck team mates! I'm rootin' for y'all!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ric, way to give us a big shot in the arm!

Hope it picks up on my end. I haven't seem a shooter yet and I've only had one deer in range. Been very frustrating.

Just keep hunting hard Mike, it's just a matter of time/timing.

That goes to our other team mates as well. Good luck!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Had a good Saturday morning. 3 yotes, 2 turkeys, 3 does and two bucks. The two bucks were chasing does across the creek. I called them across the creek with a can call, but they didn't make it over to me. The nice 8 pt. came down the hill on a trot and never stopped. I wanted to shoot the lead coyote, but when I yelled to stop it, it just took off like a bat-out-of-hell into the corn. I guess that only works on deer, lol!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to Ron and Mike on their very nice bucks over deer gun season! Stick with it MC and OMO, still have a lot of season left. 3 more days of gun,muzzy and rest of bow!