Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TapaTalk

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
The ads are getting out of hand lately. Really looking at dumping the app.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Tapatalk is a fucking pain in my ass. They want to inundate you guys with advertising unless TOO pays $15 a month to disable ads, or they want you to pay $5 a year. I have been paying their ransome just to keep their shit ads off the site but stopped in preparation for the migration Monday. That's why you're seeing them now.

They also allow users to sign up from Tapatalk but it doesn't actually create an account on the Forum that they can login from their desktop. This means that if I decided to stop allowing Tapatalk I would lose a large base of users that would have to re-register.

They also allow users of Tapatalk to upload images directly to Tapatalk image hosting, meaning if they ever decide to clean up some space and stop keeping those images they will disappear from the Forum. In order for me to disable that and only allow images to be uploaded to TOO they want me to pay them a monthly fee.

The new site has a much better mobile platform. It looks and operates much like Tapatalk does but from your normal web browser on your phone or tablet. After everything gets back to normal post migration I plan to remove TOO from the discovery list on Tapatalk and disallow new registrations from tapatalk. For everyone that currently has it tapatalk will continue to work.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Tapatalk is a fucking pain in my ass. They want to inundate you guys with advertising unless TOO pays $15 a month to disable ads, or they want you to pay $5 a year. I have been paying their ransome just to keep their shit ads off the site but stopped in preparation for the migration Monday. That's why you're seeing them now.

They also allow users to sign up from Tapatalk but it doesn't actually create an account on the Forum that they can login from their desktop. This means that if I decided to stop allowing Tapatalk I would lose a large base of users that would have to re-register.

They also allow users of Tapatalk to upload images directly to Tapatalk image hosting, meaning if they ever decide to clean up some space and stop keeping those images they will disappear from the Forum. In order for me to disable that and only allow images to be uploaded to TOO they want me to pay them a monthly fee.

The new site has a much better mobile platform. It looks and operates much like Tapatalk does but from your normal web browser on your phone or tablet. After everything gets back to normal post migration I plan to remove TOO from the discovery list on Tapatalk and disallow new registrations from tapatalk. For everyone that currently has it tapatalk will continue to work.
Sweet. I remember seeing the better mobile option with the upgrade. Thanks Joe.