Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tapatalk Upgraded to 2.0

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
At this point bud i would go ahead and say go with the Tapatalk app. It works great for everyone using it and the Iphone users seem to all be very happy with it...

The Vbulletin app requires a forum upgrade to a very new release. Good IT practices say let a new release simmer until the bugs can be worked out before installing. Plus VBulletin wants to charge extra to the forum to run it, and plus charge you for the app. IMO that's hogwash. We've already paid these dudes a premium for the VBulletin suite why do we have to pay for this also.. Especially when Tapatalk is free to the forum and a cheaper app for the user. IMO Vbulletin has their head up their ass with this one...

I don;t see us going to the VBulletin app in the foreseeable future. Tapatalk is a great app and great code. I would recommend you go with that for mobile browsing.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fyi

tapatalk said:
upcoming version on app store should have this issue resolved. Android side has already been released.

How does it feel guys to have sparked more change in one thread than Barack Obama has in 2 years.

Diablo54

Outside
Hey jack..I hate to bug you but when i go to reply from tapatalk the text that I'm still writing doesn't show up after about 2 lines. Anyone else having this problem?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sounds more like an app problem than a forum issue bud.. Try reinstalling the app on your phone and let me know. Thanks

Matt

Norton, OH
Can you guys tell me what the point of tapatalk is? I was under the impression that I HAD to have it in order to browse and post. I tried again yesterday, got the pop-up that said this forum supports tapatalk, select ok for more info, or hit cancel. I hit cancel, it took me here to the site, and I am able to browse and post with no problems. I am working out of a Droid incrediblle, using its default web browser.

Diablo54

Outside
No you do not need tappatalk. But for 3 dollars it is well worth it. It makes browsing the forum 10x easier then the way you are currently doing it. It brings every thing down to cell phone size and makes it so you dont have to constantly zoom in and out. It also has a feature that lets you see the recent posts. Or you can just view the different forums. It is also easier to post pics. All you have to do is press insert image and you pick a picture that you have saved to your phone. Its the best app i have on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaaaaaaTalk

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Can you guys tell me what the point of tapatalk is? I was under the impression that I HAD to have it in order to browse and post. I tried again yesterday, got the pop-up that said this forum supports tapatalk, select ok for more info, or hit cancel. I hit cancel, it took me here to the site, and I am able to browse and post with no problems. I am working out of a Droid incrediblle, using its default web browser.

You got a popup on this site from tapatalk?

Matt

Norton, OH
Well, when I go here from my phone, it pops up sometimes and says something along the lines of "This forum supports tapatalk. For more information, click ok." Then I get a choice to select ok or cancel. Doesn't pop up all the time, just sometimes. First time I clicked ok, I believe it took me to the Android app market page for tapatalk.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well, when I go here from my phone, it pops up sometimes and says something along the lines of "This forum supports tapatalk. For more information, click ok." Then I get a choice to select ok or cancel. Doesn't pop up all the time, just sometimes. First time I clicked ok, I believe it took me to the Android app market page for tapatalk.

Well that ticks me off. Since the forum software is free and they only charge for the app i can understand their plight though. I need to get the .mobi domain name for those who don't want to use tapatalk.

Matt

Norton, OH
Like I said, it works fine for me. It doesn't even show up very small. It could be a droid thing too, so who knows.