Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tag question

tpierce

Can I buy a tag without printing a paper copy? I can't print a copy where I am. Is there a way to save it on my phone? I meant to print it today and got waylaid by work. I want to hunt in the morning, and if I score I want to be legal.

Buckeye79

NE Ohio
All deer and turkey permits, the Lake Erie charter 1-day fishing license, and 1-day range permit must be printed to be valid.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
All deer and turkey permits, the Lake Erie charter 1-day fishing license, and 1-day range permit must be printed to be valid.

Not sure that is completely right my uncle was in from Georgia last year we got stopped and his was on his phone. They Never said a word just checked him like everyone else. he said he read it in the book or online that you could have it on your phone.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Buckeye is correct.

Electronic Licenses
Licenses and permits can also be purchased on a mobile device. Hunters must carry their licenses and permits at all times while hunting, and must present their license upon request. Licenses can be displayed on a mobile device. However, deer and turkey permits are only valid when printed and carried by the hunter.

Under license basics.
http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/hunting...ing-trapping-regulations/licenses-and-permits

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like the new option to go back and reprint your tags. Mine has been through the washer a time or two.
You could always do a reprint but there was a fee. I noticed this year the fee has been removed. I always printed then ran copies as i will lose or destroy it a few times a season.