Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Super Show

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1409605171619.jpgSaw this today so im guessing no show in Dayton next spring.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
By the wording, it seems as though they're placing blame on the exhibitors for the losses. That's kind of messed up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Maybe, just maybe this means all the bullshit surrounding the industry is dying down. Might go back to some level of normalcy at some point.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not exactly a professional move. Good luck in the future with that strategy. Lol.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Like, really? You're losing money so you blame your constituents??? In what world does that makes sense? Lmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Exhibitors can only rationalize the expense when there is some return. From what I saw in Columbus last year, I'm glad I wasn't footing the huge bill for a booth! It was one of the few shows I've attended where there was plenty of room to move around.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea I went to the last bow super show in columbus and it wasn't busy at all. Not shoulder to shoulder. Only booth that had a line was for Lee and Tiffany or maybe just Tiffany lol.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I personally go to the expos for two things, to check out new products and get deals on the stuff I'm looking to purchase. The last couple shows I've attended, it was difficult to find a good deal anywhere. They all tried to make it look like a deal, by marking an item up, then discounting it to the original price. I have also noticed there are less manufacturers showing up and more of these wanna be hunting show dudes.
Anymore, I look at the exhibitors list, and if they don't have what I wanna see there, I don't go. It's too far for me to drive to bump shoulders with all the inflated egos floating around at these shows.

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I went to the Deer and Turkey Expo in Columbus this March specifically to compare Excalibur and TenPoint crossbows. (I'd seen both exhibiting there before).
I was ready to buy and just wanted to "handle the merch" to help me make my decision.
Excalibur wasn't there :smiley_depressive:
I now own a TenPoint.

I've only been going since 2008, but I definitely feel a difference like Flutie said at these shows.
I think I'm done with 'em.

EXCEPT - for the NRA convention. Went to my first one in Indy this year and it was great.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I personally go to the expos for two things, to check out new products and get deals on the stuff I'm looking to purchase. The last couple shows I've attended, it was difficult to find a good deal anywhere. They all tried to make it look like a deal, by marking an item up, then discounting it to the original price. I have also noticed there are less manufacturers showing up and more of these wanna be hunting show dudes.
Anymore, I look at the exhibitors list, and if they don't have what I wanna see there, I don't go. It's too far for me to drive to bump shoulders with all the inflated egos floating around at these shows.

DITTO! Very disappointed at what was at the D&T Expo this year as far as exhibits. Mostly outfitters and wannabes nowadays. Did enjoy seeing all the big deer on display though.

I couldn't agree more!