Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stone Celt Found in Food Plot

themedic

OHIO
I deep plowed 3-4 acres Monday in preparation for fall food plot plantings. Then we had heavy rains Tuesday and Wednesday so i thought I go take a look around for arrow heads. I wasn't in the field for 2 minutes when I saw a rounded end of a granite looking stone sticks half way out the dirt. I thought, that stone looks like granite/stone tool material and it just looked out of place. I wiggled it out of the dirt and my suspicions were confirmed.

A crude but still 100% positive Stone Celt!

I posted this on facebook and many people say its just a rock. But I know better. The material, size and shape tell me what it is. Anyone here have a opinion like mine. Here is what I see 1) Material- hard granite type stone that is not real common 2) Defined edge with wear and signs of impact 3) rounded butt that is comfortable in hand and appropriate size.

Last edited:

Ricer2231

That looks a lot like the one I found earlier this year. Ron said he thought it was a billet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373554514.818464.jpg

That's cool to find something like that! Do you have a link or something that can help clue us in to what rocks to look for? Heck, my luck I'd toss something like that back in the woods not thinking it's anything other than a rock in my food plot!!