Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sporky the Pig.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Something else I just thought of while writing the tag number and date on the back of the deer. Both of them were shot on November 7th. One in the morning and one in the evening.

Kaiser878

ohio
422.65 out the door. Not sure on the process but he has deer on the wall that he did 30 years ago and they still look great.
That's a damn good price.

I would assume he's pickling then liquid tanning. That's the only way possible to get it done that quick...... and its the best way to cure a hide. Looks great joe

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Both. My old taxi did a hell of a job too. The 2011 mount is more "artistic" a little more paint on the nose and around the eyes etc. The new one is more natural and lifelike. Both are great just different. Kind of like a smoking hot model all done up VS a smoking hot woman whose naturally beautiful.

OK, so I see in your answer you're answering which MOUNT you prefer, and you're 50/50.
What I meant to ask was - which of those deer/hunts means the most to you?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
OK, so I see in your answer you're answering which MOUNT you prefer, and you're 50/50.
What I meant to ask was - which of those deer/hunts means the most to you?

The first one. For the same reason you never forget your first piece of ass. Lol. The journey man. I ate tags for 5 years holding out for a wall hanger. When it finally happened it's a ride I'll never forget.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Something else I just thought of while writing the tag number and date on the back of the deer. Both of them were shot on November 7th. One in the morning and one in the evening.

According to Field and Stream, that was the "best day of the rut" for this season. It's the day I shot mine too.:smiley_coolpeace: