Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

spin feeders

qdmman

For those that run spin feeders...

When do u have then go off? Time?

How many sec?

How long does corn last with your preferred setting?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I get two weeks out of 75 pounds by running them for 20 seconds an hour after first light, 10 seconds at midday, and 20 seconds in the evening. I adjust the time according to the sunrise/set at that time of year.

qdmman

Thanks.....so if I ran them twice a day 20 sec each 200 pounds should last over a month.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
As long as the coons don't figure out how to spin the feeder manually. I have some crafty fuggars that paw through the cage and get corn that way.

qdmman

just purchased moultrie easylock easy load feeder. Tired of gravity feeders only lasting 2 weeks.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I have the Moultrie feeder on a 55gal drum using a directional feeder on extension pole kit they sell.. Those damn coons go right up those poles and crashed 2 3 feeders so far..I was able to fix 2, but how I fixed the coon problem is I mix Vaseline and hot pepper in a Tupperware container and smear it all over the legs.. Been 2 years and they hate it, they never touch it.. LOL,.. then n the fall I shoot any coon I see..

teej89

NE PA
I h but how I fixed the coon problem is I mix Vaseline and hot pepper in a Tupperware container and smear it all over the legs.. Been 2 years and they hate it, they never touch it.. LOL,.. then n the fall I shoot any coon I see..

Hahahaha how'd the deer take to that tho with the scent?

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I use the carpet tack strips on the legs of my feeder, just zip tye strips on each side of the feeder legs and the coons cant climb up the legs and get to the spinner, I set mine for 20 seconds in the morning and 10 for the evening and it lasts for the whole month in my old one, just put up a new one last week , its an American hunter brand so we will see how it does when I go back to check the camera on it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have never run a feeder. Closest I get to feeders are filling the bucket of the tractor or skid loader with the apples we don't eat or cook with and dumping them back by the woods. I don't hunt over them but I figure they are closer for the deer and hopefully keep them out of sight of the road. Otherwise no experience with them. Sounds like some good ideas by buckbuster and matthewusmc.