Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

soon to be new resident

bearcat

Hello everyone.

I will be moving to Cleveland this May, I'am eas'ing from the marine corps and will be attending Ohio tech in their welding program. I'm here to get more information on hunting in the area and state. I grew up in Wisconsin hunting whitetail, bear and raccoon. I have 4 rifles.

A . 308 remington gamemaster pump action rifle, type 56 sks, 91/30 mosin nagant and a type 53 mosin carbine.

Along with being a member on this board I'am also an active member on sks survivors board.

I look forward to actively participating in these boards and taking in whatever information y'all have.

Thank you,
-Bearcat

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too Ohio and too the site, Don't know too many areas around Cleveland too hunt but there are plenty of folks around that part of the state that can chime in.... Rifle hunting is new and restricted too straight wall cartridges also called pistol cartridges..... This last season was the inaugural one for us here in the Buckeye state..... Good luck on you moving adventure and starting school, and thank you for your service Marine.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome too Ohio and too the site, Don't know too many areas around Cleveland too hunt but there are plenty of folks around that part of the state that can chime in.... Rifle hunting is new and restricted too straight wall cartridges also called pistol cartridges..... This last season was the inaugural one for us here in the Buckeye state..... Good luck on you moving adventure and starting school, and thank you for your service Marine.....

Well said J!!!!

Welcome to TOO and the a Great state of OHIO!

carbonarcher

Welcome to too their some good ol boy's here you will fit right in and thanks for your service God blesss the armed forces.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I honestly wasn't aware they have bear in Wisconsin - but now that I think about it that makes sense....Canadian bears ain't so smart and get lost, wandering south. I do know they have deer there :smiley_coolpeace:

Welcome to the state that has it all - seaports, agriculture, manufacturing, great universities, the Appalachian foothills in the south and the mighty Ohio River. And yeah, we're neighbors to PA and MI, but what are ya gonna do?

Glad you're here to share with us!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I honestly wasn't aware they have bear in Wisconsin - but now that I think about it that makes sense....Canadian bears ain't so smart and get lost, wandering south. I do know they have deer there :smiley_coolpeace:

Welcome to the state that has it all - seaports, agriculture, manufacturing, great universities, the Appalachian foothills in the south and the mighty Ohio River. And yeah, we're neighbors to PA and MI, but what are ya gonna do?
Glad you're here to share with us!

Classic Dan right there!!!!! rotflmao

bearcat

Thank you for the warm welcome and your support, its much appreciated. Looks like I will be picking up a nice 12 gauge or that 45-70 lever action I've been itching for. There are black bears indeed in northern wisconsin. I have not shot one personally, I was too young. My father had a big group and out of the 12 man group we got 5 black bear over the years. My father and grandfather each got one. I figured there wouldn't be anything very close to Cleveland so if I have to travel it's no big deal. I'm not a trophy hunter. I hunt to eat (I'm not desperate enough to shoot bambies though) I have heard public lands are dwindling and alot of people buy land and lease? Last question do they allow dog hunting on whitetail in ohio? Because it is a huge nuisance in North Carolina and spoiled my brief hunt. Even though it's legal they have no regard for ground or stand hunters.

Thank you,
-Bearcat