Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Son of a *****!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
So I go to "Death Row" TOO carry in water for the tub I burried and freshen the Monster Raxx and check on how the food plot is coming since it only rained one time since I spread the seed. As I am getting near the woods I see the farmer extended the electric fence. This piece of the property has not been used in about 20 years and we have not hunted it either. I get down and see proof the cows have been in the Monster Raxx and see clovers and turnips growing pretty good and think what are the odds. Thoose damn cows are going to tear up my plot. Looks like I did ALOT of work for nothing :(

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wow, that sucks. Do you guys lease from this farmer ? He could have at least said something to you guys before he did it. Granted it would still suck but it wouldn't have been such a hard pill to swallow just suprising you like that and no warning.

I'm with RedCloud on this one. Did you have any agreement or other understanding about the property? If not, it would've been in your best interest to have talked with him prior to the food plot installation.

On the other hand, if the farmer knew what you had going on and he did what he did anyway...that's just plain rude.

Bowhunter57

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like to me that you made an improvement to his property by adding this food source and he is taking advantage of it and you. In other words, had you not established this food plot the farmer wouldn't have extended his fence like he did now. What a shame but what can you do. That would suck.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The farmer didnt do anything wrong here, and I doubt he even knows that there is a little food plot in there. He usually tells us when he is going to do anything different with the cattle, but the couple times I was down there he wasnt around. I still plan on hunting the area, just wont get the advantage of the smalll kill plot.