Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snyper commander

Diablo54

Outside
Have any of you tried the snyper commander 3G cellular cam? I've been reading reviews and am yet to see anything bad. Other than a lot of guys worried that they may not have the rights to AT&T and that the cam could be shut off At any time?? Hopefully some of you will know more than I do about this cam

I think a lot of the rights thing was due to a falling out with a guy Snyper had promoting and selling cameras. Seems he was trying to go behind people's backs and get better deals and got caught. His cell service was through one of the head guys who decided it was time to shut the cameras down since this guy started bad-mouthing the company. From everything I understand the head guys owned the cell contracts and were just doing him a favor up until he got caught, not that they could cut yours. If you look up Pat Howard on FB you will find a post telling the story so to speak. Definitely hear that they work better in more remote areas with limited signals. My only hang-up is when I had AT&T I had trouble sending a text from our property, let alone a picture. That was a few years ago though.

Everything that I know and see says they are a good cam. I personally know Jim the owner of Snyper Hunting Products and he is a solid guy. I do not know the back story Big_Holla is describing but do know of a falling out with a few folks....typical trail cam drama with the same individual who I will not mention. What I do know is 3g networks will start to be decommissioned in 2018 and from conversations with carriers that will be completed by 1-1-19. I'd say for the money they are worth a shot!