Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

smoke works

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Thanks. I appreciate that. We'll be hunting public again this year. We can do that for half the cost of an outfitter and we can hunt twice as long. I know it's a lot harder but that only makes it more rewarding when we do get one. I am thinking of bringing my oldest boy out next year for a late season hunt when he's off from school. If I did that I'd definitely use an outfitter because we'd only have 4 or 5 days available to hunt

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Joe,
Reading what you just posted gave me a whole new level of respect for you guys. I've only been with this forum for about a year and half, roughly. I already love this place b/c of the honest no bullshit responses from everyone. I also wasn't aware that you had to pay to have an active forum. Im not sure what the costs are, but is there a way for myself and others to make a donation to help offset your costs?

You can send it to our PayPal or to me. Shoot me a text and we can sort it out.

(740) 541-5282

teej89

NE PA
oh man I just looked at this thread for the first time in a couple days and it blew up! Gonna have to read it later to catch up on everything lol

and good call dustin! I've always thought of that but couldn't fin dthe info. I thought it used to be posted on the site as to how we could donate. I'll be getting ahold of you Jesse.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
There's a difference between not commenting due to class and not commenting because he doesn't have a leg to stand on. As others have stated he knew full well where he got the idea from, we've all known him long enough to say that with 100% confidence. It's called lack of integrity due to a desire for personal gain.

We too have been approached by individuals in the industry for articles etc. let me share a story with you of what integrity looks like. About 3 years ago I was approached on TOO by the Executive Producer for Duck Dynasty. They were starting their first season on A&E after moving from a hunting channel. He asked if I knew anyone interested in writing a weekly article for their website and fan page. I declined but put him in contact with Jesse as he has dabbled in the outdoor writing arena. Jesse produced his first article and handed it over to the editor for review. In the article Jesse had mentioned that he uses a homemade mineral mix that far outperforms anything he's purchased on the shelf and shared the mixture. The editor came back and said he would have to change it to say he uses "YYY" minerals. (A sponsor of theirs). Jesse refused to change it and they kept pressuring him, he told them he was done and thus ended his short outdoor writing adventure. It's called integrity, some people have it and some don't.

Another story. Two years ago a new mineral mix company contacted me about advertising on TOO. He gave me the whole line about how the deer ate these minerals like crack. Since he was the friend of a friend I entertained his offer. He sent 5-6 of us here a couple bags and we put it to the test. In return I placed a banner as of his on TOO. We tested the snot out of this stuff comparing it to jesses mix, other minerals, and plain salt. The deer hated this stuff and wouldn't touch it if something else was available. I told him about our findings and that I would be pulling his ad as it wasn't something that we could stand behind. He made two offers to pay me for advertising, both times I refused. His offer would have covered the cost of this site for six months. Do you see his as at the top of this page? No. I refused and pay the bill myself.

So before you give us a lecture on class and and being "haters" as you put it, perhaps you should know what true integrity in the outdoor industry looks like, and what Cory did is anything but.

:smiley_clap:

themedic

OHIO
Well after all the comments on the other thread and jokes about pine needles and such... i did a search and came across this GEM. To be honest, I had no idea Brock was the inventor of scent smoking. I knew it was popular on TOO but as far as to say Brock was the inventor…really. Seriously? I find it hard to believe the Indians or someone weren't doing it first. Maybe I should have known or paid more attention. If Brock is/was the very first person to do this and make it popular I give you prop's but DAMN I DIDNT KNOW. I had no idea I had upset so many people BUT I think it's total bullshit the name calling. Y'all preach integrity but what about moral, ethics and peoples feelings?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well after all the comments on the other thread and jokes about pine needles and such... i did a search and came across this GEM. To be honest, I had no idea Brock was the inventor of scent smoking. I knew it was popular on TOO but as far as to say Brock was the inventor…really. Seriously? I find it hard to believe the Indians or someone weren't doing it first. Maybe I should have known or paid more attention. If Brock is/was the very first person to do this and make it popular I give you prop's but DAMN I DIDNT KNOW. I had no idea I had upset so many people BUT I think it's total bullshit the name calling. Y'all preach integrity but what about moral, ethics and peoples feelings?

Let it go brother and let's move forward. It's hard to run blocker and keep people from pissing down your back if you keep poking the bear.

Let it go.........let it go..........like Joe said.....