Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

smart phones

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
So I finally took the leap and got one went with the galaxy s 3, and I was wondering, what kind of things do the rest of you do with yours while on stand? I loaded a chess game and angry birds I figure be able to check on TOO a bit easier keeping an eye on the weather will be easy

So how bout it? Got any suggestions on cool b ames or apps?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I like hunt time 2 lite. I try not to use the phone much since i hunt in a 1 jazillion deer limit county. Dante if i switch to an iphone i will give you my micro usb to usb cord and you can look at cam pics on your phone.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
New recipes? Whats wrong with the old one? Lol. I just so happen to have some venison thawed right now for strouds. Get it sliced up today and in the marinade

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I am also looking for a good gps / topo app. Found one called backcountry navigator, but that sucker is like $10. Any suggestions?

That would be great milo. I drive by your place every day. I would be happy to give you a couple bones for it. Is that hunt time app like the isolunar? I loaded that one yesterday.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Tapatalk for here and other forums
Facebook
Strelok for a free ballistic app
Weatherunderground is my go to weather app but if there is a better one I am up for changing
Juice defender to increase battery life
I have not tried any map topo apps but wouldn't mind one for next weekend so I make it back to camp lol

Those are the non work relayed apps I use 99 percent of the time

ohiobowhunter78

Got to love apps. I use a app called scout look you can track your hunting spots.It dosnt have topo map but it does have the Gps location map,radar,sent cone,on deer tables.This is one of the best apps i have found.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Okay, I'm not an app guy by anymeans but what does tapatalk do that you can't do without it????

Dave I heart radio is another app I use especially when running..... Now too be able too listen too stations from all over......

Gordo

Athens County
I check TOO occasionally. Other then that nada. I'm too busy reflecting on life shit, or the exact opposite, zoned out on nothing. My favorite part about it

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I think tapatalk just males it so much easier to navigate through the site with the smaller screens that are on the smartphones. When I am on my iPad I use the regular site then.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One of the flashlight apps can be very handy. Hunting or not, they are nice.

Apps for hunting? Time2Hunt Lite, and Scoutlook and of course Tapatalk for TOO. I like having the GoogleEarth app on my phone for hunting as well.

That is about it for me. Yeah, I have ebay app, paypal, facebook, and the YP app in case I need to look up a business or address quick on the phone.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just checkout TOO or text back and forth with other TOOzers while my head is on a swivel. More hunting than anything else, especially the closer towards the rut. After the 3rd week of October I'm not on the phone much unless I get a text saying, "I know something!"haha

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I like the "Antler Insainity" app.. A lot of great features on there as well as far as GPS and marking stands. I also got "Sky View Free" just so if its cloudy I can still tell exactly where the moon is.

Last edited: