Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Silicone Rings

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I’ve had 2 Groove rings and both wore out / failed at about the same time interval. Up to that point I really loved them. I can’t even say I blame the rings. I’m just hard on them in my line of work. And actually they have a lifetime warranty, so if I got off my lazy butt and sent them back, Groove would replace them. I’ve just gone back to not wearing any ring at all for a while.

Good info. I've yet to try one but read these updates every time. My ring started as three colors. Maybe gold and two other materials? Can't remember. I'm on my second or third band in 20 years. Also hard on rings. Can barely see the lines where different materials come together anymore. For safety reasons I just need to buy some of these rings you all speak of.

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_223326.jpg
    IMG_20200727_223326.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 84

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good info. I've yet to try one but read these updates every time. My ring started as three colors. Maybe gold and two other materials? Can't remember. I'm on my second or third band in 20 years. Also hard on rings. Can barely see the lines where different materials come together anymore. For safety reasons I just need to buy some of these rings you all speak of.
Yep... After seeing pictures and reading horror stories, I would rather wear no ring at all than wear a metal band of any kind. My wife understands. She rarely wears her's either because she can't wear jewelry at work. I really do like the silicone rings and Groove is definitely my favorite brand. I just need to figure out how to quit tearing them up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yep... After seeing pictures and reading horror stories, I would rather wear no ring at all than wear a metal band of any kind. My wife understands. She rarely wears her's either because she can't wear jewelry at work. I really do like the silicone rings and Groove is definitely my favorite brand. I just need to figure out how to quit tearing them up.
I didn’t wear a ring for 31years. The day I retired, I put it back on. I did lose the original, wife replaced it fairly quickly as she knew I wouldn’t have. Saw the new style ones before I retired and they were legal too wear in an industrial environment. Not sure I’d of worn them though. My son and SIL do. Guess it’s good too have options.....

Reactions: jagermeister
Something I need to get one of these days. Haven't worn my ring in probably 7-8 years now because it's a bit loose. Lost it twice and found it twice. First time was trapping behind the house, stuck inside of my glove and fell out of it. We went back there after the snow had melted and my wife spotted it. Second time was when my daughter was 13 and pitching for softball. We were at a batting cage before her team practice and I was catching for her. Must have stuck inside the mitt and fell out when we were done. Went back a few days later and sure as shit I found it on the floor in the bunched up cage netting.