Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your wood (pile)

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I cleaned it this morning a loaded the beast back up and smoked up in the process...:pickle:

I have roughly 7-8 cord under tarp maybe more.

twireman

Kingston, OH
I have a wood and chainsaw addiction...
This will be the 6th winter without ever turning heat pump on. Have over 2 years worth here ready.

Jamie

Ohio

you can't tell from the pic, but the there are three stacks under the brown tarp. about 5 cords total, maybe a bit more. every splinter of it is ash.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 451

Jamie

Ohio
thanks. the propane tank is Nancy's baby, firewood is mine. I don't know exactly what it is about cutting firewood, but there is something inherently pleasing in the whole affair. it's hard, dirty, even a little dangerous work, but rewarding in a way that nothing else is, dividends paid on cold winter nights notwithstanding. Since I invested in a new stove, I burn two cords a year instead of 4, and that is not an exaggeration. I like it that I don't have to have as much wood but, I get restless when I don't have 3 cords of dry wood stacked up here.:smile: it's nice to see so many other people take heating with wood seriously and are proud of it.

twireman

Kingston, OH
it's nice to see so many other people take heating with wood seriously and are proud of it.

I agree man. Other than deer and turkey hunting firewooding is a big hobby of mine. Just enjoy it. Half the time I'm in the woods I'm scouting standing dead trees to cut lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
thanks. the propane tank is Nancy's baby, firewood is mine. I don't know exactly what it is about cutting firewood, but there is something inherently pleasing in the whole affair. it's hard, dirty, even a little dangerous work, but rewarding in a way that nothing else is, dividends paid on cold winter nights notwithstanding. Since I invested in a new stove, I burn two cords a year instead of 4, and that is not an exaggeration. I like it that I don't have to have as much wood but, I get restless when I don't have 3 cords of dry wood stacked up here.:smile: it's nice to see so many other people take heating with wood seriously and are proud of it.

Good stuff Jamie, it is very rewarding!

My outside Taylor waterboiler has a very big firebox. It holds as big a load of wood you can get on a very nice sized wheelbarrow. I load it up as I leave and return from work(every 12 hours or so). The boiler has paid itself off and then some!

Jamie

Ohio
you are braver than me. an outdoor wood burning heating system like that is a far bigger commitment than I'm willing to make to gathering firewood. at the end of the day, if I don't have any firewood, or don't feel like making, babysitting a fire, I still have a very nice propane furnace that keeps my pipes from freezing. Still, firewood is the best bargain in home heating if you are able to get wood for nothing more than your own time and effort.