Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shed tree

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I'll try and link to an old post of mine on this subject.
Hope it works.....

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
IMG_5171.jpeg

not exactly sheds but my tree. I have some sheds in a wire basket on the right. My wife made a shed lamp out of an old lamp.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I'll try and link to an old post of mine on this subject.
Hope it works.....

Wow! Very impressive collection. I have some nice sheds but my collection would be a shed shrub compared to your tree.😂😂

Reactions: Iowa_Buckeye

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
View attachment 191015
not exactly sheds but my tree. I have some sheds in a wire basket on the right. My wife made a shed lamp out of an old lamp.
Seeing that turtle shell made me think of some of the pics I’ve seen you post on here….sure would’ve loved to see your duck mounts before Katrina. I remember you saying you had quite a collection. Ever think about starting a new one? You guys kill a wide variety, that’s for sure.

Reactions: finelyshedded

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Seeing that turtle shell made me think of some of the pics I’ve seen you post on here….sure would’ve loved to see your duck mounts before Katrina. I remember you saying you had quite a collection. Ever think about starting a new one? You guys kill a wide variety, that’s for sure.
Not interested in spending that kind of money anymore. Now Hunter has the bug and currently has a wood duck and mallard mounted. Has a pintail and canvasback at the taxi and also has a spoonbill from this last trip in freezer. I think I’d mount a cinnamon teal or a black duck if I ever kill another. Killed 2 black ducks here years ago, should’ve mounted one. Currently I have a pintail and pair of canvasbacks mounted. My two favorite ducks.
image.jpg
image.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
That’s a beautiful huge shell Nick, wud it weigh and what’s the story with that?
Great looking wall and corner nook too.👍🏻
That turtle weighed 70#. I have a 65# one in a tank I need to process this month. April we will catch some more. We caught 2 at almost a 100, looking for one over that.
IMG_8607.jpeg
IMG_3647.png

these were the two biggest we caught last year. April-May is a great time to catch them as it’s warm enough but not stupid hot yet. You can catch them anytime while it’s warm.

I know I saw a few of the “trees” people have made and shared on here to display their shed antlers. I couldn’t find any of the posts. If you have built something unique to display your shed antlers, please share here so I can get some ideas…..I need to build something as mine are just in a big pile on a coffee table.

Just ran across this pic (not mine, I stole it :whistle: ) and thought of this thread. I like the idea of a split rail fence or perhaps an old ladder for hanging old sheds on. Hmm.....

1707862881692.jpeg