Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shawnee State forest hunting

Hogmister13

Dang that sux..So there is no signal at all, even on the ridge tops? even if I have appalachian wireless ?

Hogmister13

Guess Ill be driving back to sr 248 the to check in a deer.. Its odd they dont have towers in the area since its a state park.. I thought for sure cell service would be available on the high ridge tops

Man that's a great buck you killed in KY!! Shame the velvet didn't want to cooperate though. My next door neighbor is a taxidermist and he pretty much said everything has to be just right to be able to cure and save the velvet so I can understand stripping it off. As far as cell service, heck I'm in a somewhat populated area in Meigs Co. that I often struggle to get a decent signal.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang that sux..So there is no signal at all, even on the ridge tops? even if I have appalachian wireless ?

Check out Verizon coverage areas. My family owns App wireless. I know they have agreements with Verizon. Difference being, in SE KY, they deal with mountains and dead zones daily. In Ohio, there are pockets of poor service which have low density of people. Verizon/Sprint/etc., don't seem to be in as big a hurry to add towers in these areas.

Great buck. Hope your good fortune continues in Ohio. Sounds like you have accepted quite a challenge: Hiking in far off beaten path, self filming, packing deer out. Not an easy task. Good luck. Make sure you post up some pictures and a story if you connect. I am sure it would be an interesting read.

Hogmister13

Yeah I considered that but as rugged as that place seems I'm prob still better of quartering the deer on site

Hogmister13

If y'all wanna see some ky turkey hunting footage look me up on YouTube.. Type in hogmister11 .. There are 14 hunts on there new and old... There are a few videos of me calling them in with my natural mouth when I was young so check em out ... A couple hunts from this year are awesome.. Had some close encounters standing behind a full strut decoy