Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Smokers Are In.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The legend Mullskinner takes his to the gound blind with him. I haven't a clue how anyone could breath with that thing rolling in there!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Brock, I bet Schu gave you a first right there... smoker run over by a golf cart. LMAO! you need to create a list of things that destroy scent smokers.

Had doe surrounding me Sunday morning. You should have seen them throwing their noses up trying to figure out what was there. But, they never spooked. No doubt, with the swirling morning wind, the smoker worked in my favor. The deer came in from every direction and one even sniffed my ladder.

In regard to taking it to the blind, that has seriously crossed my mind. I'm going to try it sometime with the boy. he stinks... LOL!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn, Mike!... That Jon is off to an amazing start in his deer hunting career!

---

I had yet another Scent Smoker proving moment last night. I had 5 deer around me... upwind, downwing, all over... didn't seem to matter. Then the lead doe circled around and came from the thicket right behind me. She spotted me up in the tree and realized something was a bit "off." Thanks to Predator Camo, she couldn't figure me out visually. So she thought she'd outsmart me by circling to the downwind side. She paced back and forth across the same 5 yd stretch for a good 5 minutes or so... all the while sniffing the air and staring at me up in the tree. Then boom, she flicked her tail, put her head down, and went right back to doing what she was doing before... feeding, relaxed.

I tell ya... This happens so much anymore, there's absolutely no way that it's simply a coincidence. I have no doubt that the SS is the major factor in being so effectively "undetectable."

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a small doe come in this morning at about 20 yrds. She just stood there with her head up in the air sniffing. Finally she just went on with her business.
I had 4 sets of does do the same air sniffing on Sunday. And none of them spooked out.
I am sold on the Smoker. Also sold on the Ever Calm scent.
Frank

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Anyone NOT using the scent smoker @ this point is @ a serious disadvantage when it comes too their hunting game.... The buck I harvested was in a location the the wind is not good, it swirls and can't get a consistant breeze in a direction that doesn't go too any deer around me... If I weren't using the scent smoker I'd have been busted on so many occasions I would have blown every deer out of that bottom.... My buddy who put me onto that spot never hung a stand there due too that problem, and after seeing what I accomplished with the scent smoker being used and having deer all around me the whole time I hunted that spot he's a believer.... Now not only does he do the ritual of waiting on a train too slip in and out of the stand he makes sure he visits his wood burner too smoke up as well and is amazed at the deer he gets around him both up and down wind.......

Flatlander

Darby Creek
LOL.... J when I first read your post I thought man that's dangerous, jumping a train to get to your stand so you don't leave any scent, then I realized he must be using the noise from the train as a screen. I hope?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
LOL.... J when I first read your post I thought man that's dangerous, jumping a train to get to your stand so you don't leave any scent, then I realized he must be using the noise from the train as a screen. I hope?

rotflmao Jimmy, I had the hobo picture when I read your post rotflmao All my worldly belongings tied up in a bag attached too my crossbow over my shoulder..... rotflmao But yes, we use the train traffic too cover our going too and from the stand..... Most of the time it works out well since when we hear a whistle (horn actuall) it's 15 minutes until it goes past us..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I need to be banned from working the smoker. Rick smoked up my youngest son's clothes for him, then left to hunt. When Eric came racing home to hunt, the smoker still had a little bit of smoke coming out, so he asked if I could smoke his hair up. He had never seen it before, only heard us talk about it.

Anyway, since there was hardly any smoke coming out, I pumped it extra hard. A couple of times of that, and suddenly I heard "whoosh" and a second later, smelled burnt hair. Then I looked and saw "excess" smoke coming from the top of his head. :smiley_crazy:

I didn't have the heart to tell him what I had done, and just kept my mouth shut while he finished getting ready to leave. And horrible mother that I am, I've been giggling hysterically now that he is out in the woods. lmao

Smokers and power tools............keep me away from them! :smiley_crocodile:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Uhhh, I tried smoking my hair.... once.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
There it is fellas....DO NOT LET HER SMOKE YOU UP! I will attest she will fuggin' burn you or your hair!

Oughta be a Law against Midget Arsonists!:smiley_cooking:rotflmao

Jill

I ordered my smoker on the 19th....how long does it usually take to arrive? Talking my son into "getting smoked" with me this weekend and next if we get it in time. :smiley_clap:

Edit to say: Got home from work, and there it was! Will try it out this weekend.

Last edited: