Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Safety Harnesses

Ymaha

I know that no one has posted in this thread for a while, and I know I'm not from Ohio. I kinda came across this forum on accident, I'm new hunting and I don't have kind of safety equipment. I know some of you guys said you have extras, I would gladly pay for shipping

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I know that no one has posted in this thread for a while, and I know I'm not from Ohio. I kinda came across this forum on accident, I'm new hunting and I don't have kind of safety equipment. I know some of you guys said you have extras, I would gladly pay for shipping

Welcome. Where are you from?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I will have to look and see if I still have my extra harness tomorrow but if I find it I can send it to you. It's nothing fancy as it was with the gorilla stand I purchased a few years ago but it's better then nothing.

Ricer2231

No problem. I will try to get it sent out to ya tomorrow. Just glad to see someone get some use out of it and not risking their neck getting in the stand without one.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to safety equipment for tree stands honestly. I used a latter stand for a couple seasons and never used the harness. I have a new ladder stand now that I need to set up and I'm thinking about using the harness this year. The only thing is, it came with like a 3' safety rope or whatever. It looks like the only way to use that is to climb up the ladder with nothing and then snap it on right before I step onto the platform if it's even long enough to do that. It seems like the dangerous part is going from the ladder to the seat and then getting back onto the ladder. I'd like something I can snap on before I start climbing and shorten it as I go up but not sure of all the details. :smiley_chinrub:

Huckleberry Finn

I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to safety equipment for tree stands honestly. I used a latter stand for a couple seasons and never used the harness. I have a new ladder stand now that I need to set up and I'm thinking about using the harness this year. The only thing is, it came with like a 3' safety rope or whatever. It looks like the only way to use that is to climb up the ladder with nothing and then snap it on right before I step onto the platform if it's even long enough to do that. It seems like the dangerous part is going from the ladder to the seat and then getting back onto the ladder. I'd like something I can snap on before I start climbing and shorten it as I go up but not sure of all the details. :smiley_chinrub:

Assemble, carry in, lean up against the tree, have a buddy hold the ground end while you climb up and ratchet the top end on by yourself, adjust as needed. Drive a beer. Drive over to his place to do his. That's the way to set ladder stands...

Get a good lineman's belt for your harness, too. I can't believe I set stands without one.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort

When I climb a ladder stand, I maintain three points of contact at all times until I'm sitting down. At that point I tether myself to the tree.