Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saddlepants Hunting log

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Just getting caught up on here, it's been fun reading about your encounters with this buck. Best of luck, make that move and get an arrow on him!

saddlepants

central Ohio
My plan of attack was perfect on "Party boy" tonight. The wind was perfect and my scent was perfect...the squirrels damn near climbed in my lap...the buck however had other ideas...see the rest of the story in Rut stories.

saddlepants

central Ohio
The skin of my boots got wet but my feet didnt, they were a pain in the ass and on the way out a think I ripped them to shreds on the briars I couldnt see in the dim light while draggin them out. My feet stayed dry though but I bet I looked silly..I was using the 55 gal heavy duty and trying to not slip on the rocks while carrying a heavy cross bow and seat cushion while dressed like the creature from the black lagoonrotflmao mind you I only weigh in at around 100 lbs

saddlepants

central Ohio
Got away from the hospital early tonight, moms a little better but I dint think her kidneys can take many more dehydrations. They were cuttin the corn in my blind field tonight and I thought it would be good cause I was crossin the river and goin in further tonight but just as I figured that buck dont care about his scrapes much any more, doesnt look like he even touched it. Ddint see or hear anything. Was hopin anything that moved out of the pickin field would come across those woods toward the field still up on the other side but, nope. I guess Ill go back to the blind. There is a newley cleaned scrape out there but with the corn gone now I dunno about that one - seems like theyre hittin it at night. Getting depressing. Mornings suck in both places so I quit. Tomorrow Ill spend reviewing my math as I have a test to take on monday and then back to the hospital - dunno If Ill get back in time to go out tomorrow or not.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear about your Mom SP. Good luck with the hunting and the test. Do what you need to do in regards to Mom and hunting. We have 4 months to hunt and there is always next year too. We have an unknown amount of time with our parents.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Took some time to go out this morning. didnt see anything, its so warm out. Had a couple of stray dogs come through about 8am and they never kne I was there until I had to get down as they were chasing my horses. They came running back toward me and when the pup came around the path and there I was I think I scared the livin shit out of him. they barked at me and ran around all crazy and got separated. Dont think they will come back here, lol

saddlepants

central Ohio
Finally had a chance to go out tonight. Stared out over a big cut secluded corn field and still NOTHING. This isn't very much fun anymore. I'm beginning to think its three strikes and your out....I had mine.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Moms stable and coming home wed I think - but dont know still how much longer she will be with us. Taking tomorrow and gearing up for my first all day hunt. Cant decide weather to hunt the stand in the am and still hunt the quarry after a quick break at home or quarry in the am until I get bored and the stand out back in the eve.

saddlepants

central Ohio
hey, Moms doing allot better for now...Looking like I might get to sneak out a time or two?? First night I didnt have to get up to help with the bathroom. I still woke up every time I heard her walker move across the floor tho. Sleep deprivation, ugh.