Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sad day in TOOville...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It was good seeing you again J. Nice to see y'all too Geezer and Brock. And ole hoot is always just that. A damn hoot. Shitty circumstances that brought us together bit it was good to chat. I saw Taylor inside but he was ahead of me in line and left before I was through.

I thought the arrow thing was really dang cool also. Never knew that was a thing.I laughed a little to myself thinking what old Cob would say if I threw an Easton axis carbon with 2 inch blazers in the vase. I can only imagine. Lol.

Lol Joe!

Pretty dang cool some of our TOO family were able to attend Teds visitation! Very cool trad tradition with the arrows! RIP Ted!

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Made the trip down too Teds (Cob) calling hours, while we were there we met Hoot (and his Saint of a wife Cathy) Brock, Taylor (Diablo) and Joe..... Was good too see you fellas, just wish it was different circumstances.....
Geezer and I made the trek down and back without incident..... And thanks again Geezer for the great company.... always a pleasure talking with you sir.....

Well J your the best - thanks for put'n up with a geezer

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It was good to see you fellas as always. Ted had a good representation of bow hunters in attendance, a fine showing of what was important to him in his life.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It was good to see you fellas as always. Ted had a good representation of bow hunters in attendance, a fine showing of what was important to him in his life.

Wonder how many arrows were left there in the vase??? Looked like a lot was already ere when Geezer and I placed them in there....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No idea, but there were a bunch with many more waiting in line. Very nice bouquet of arrows.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a long sleepless night last night, came downstairs so as not to wake the wife and sat in the chair collecting my thoughts.... Remembered I hadn't wiped down the ole .410 from yesterday's hunt and pulled it outta the buckskin sleeve I use for traveling with.... Got the oil rag out and wiped it down and then sat it down and admired it and it reminded me of Ted and the day I bought the gun off of him traveling down to meet him and him and I spending over 2 hours in Bob Evans just BS'ng about all that's transpired over the years and the technology that came with that took people from across the state where a few short years ago would never had crossed paths and turned it into a giant campfire that you could come and go at all hours of the day..... Mind boggling for us older folks not so much for the younger ones who grew up with it....
I sure miss talking with Ted, truly a great guy to talk too, and share a cup of coffee with....
Just remember "there's always a but"

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ted just came up the other day when I found myself saying "there's always a but". He was a good one alright. I still remember the breakfast Fluteman and I had with him when I bought the Benelli off him. That gun has had a few thousands rounds through it since and killed a bunch of birds. Don't see me ever selling it knowing the caliber of man who sold it to me and the deal he made me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ted just came up the other day when I found myself saying "there's always a but". He was a good one alright. I still remember the breakfast Fluteman and I had with him when I bought the Benelli off him. That gun has had a few thousands rounds through it since and killed a bunch of birds. Don't see me ever selling it knowing the caliber of man who sold it to me and the deal he made me.

Amen Jesse, I told my son (who'll probably inherit it) that gun along with my grandfathers and his grandfathers guns are off limits for sale.... None of these are high end guns but the memories and history make them our history....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've killed white and blue phase snow geese, rossi and canada geese, 5 species of ducks, turkey, dove, squirrels and rabbits with that gun. He practically gave me that gun with the price he put on it. Now that he's gone and the years pass, the man he was sinks in a little deeper with me every year and in the mean time, that gun is continuing to rack up the body count. No gun I own comes close to the number of kills of that gun and everyone is thanks to Ted.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've killed white and blue phase snow geese, rossi and canada geese, 5 species of ducks, turkey, dove, squirrels and rabbits with that gun. He practically gave me that gun with the price he put on it. Now that he's gone and the years pass, the man he was sinks in a little deeper with me every year and in the mean time, that gun is continuing to rack up the body count. No gun I own comes close to the number of kills of that gun and everyone is thanks to Ted.

You can never truly appreciate people like Ted until they're gone.... Just hope to pick up some words of wisdom before they leave us...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My thoughts turned to Ted the other day as well. I forgot what triggered it as I was driving down the road but I agree with you guys. Remarkable people always leave a mark on your life.

Gordo

Athens County
Good stuff guys.

On top of everything else, it also shows how SPECIAL this place is in bringing people together. It's a 'Grade-A' group around here and A lot of folks in their life's will never experience anything like it.

Cheers to that and cheers to Ted for leaving his mark.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He must be watching over the group. I just thought of him the other day as well. I moved the Mossturd turkey gun. It was his originally. He sold it to Parrish aka Tree monkey and NWHunter. I bought it off Ryan. I was thinking of replacing it. Not sure I can do it. Probably just call Mossturd again for warranty work. I can't part with it since it was Ted's unless it went to another TOOzer.