Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rubber Boots

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've switched over to uninsulated camo rubber boots about 6-8 years ago for the same reason Flutie and Jesse mentioned. I've got a paid of brand new pair of lacrosse burly 1800 grams of thinsulate if only worn just once. Haha

A pair of wool socks in my uninsulated boots work just fine throughout most of my season.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Same here dude. I can wear any boot out WAY quicker than any manufacturer would like to hear. I buy a quality pair of rubber boots every 12-18 months.

The thing is they are great everywhere but the heel. I shred through that lining then they just tear apart my heels and blister them bad. Done with em!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The thing is they are great everywhere but the heel. I shred through that lining then they just tear apart my heels and blister them bad. Done with em!

Yep, and the ones with neoprene on top get tore up within a hunting season. I went back to good leather boots unless all the drainage is too high then it is Mudsox.

BTW I am REALLY liking the Danner Pronghorns.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My Mud Sox now have a hole in the top of the boot, glue came undone. I am going to be glueing them back up and wearing my Irish Setters for now. I want to see if my feet keep warmer. I figure ill slop around in some mud on the way in and rub some ever calm on them.