Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

richard b russell in a few hours

Dad and I are heading to Richard B. Russell here in a few hours when I get off duty. I'm stoked I haven't been bass fishing in a hot minute. My dad and BIL went day before yesterday and did well. Big fish was 4.37. Hopefully we can get on the them today. Will post pics if we get to take an.

Reactions: MoonLab
Dad got his old girl shined up and ready to go. Bought her new in 86.....
20180418_065433_1524049338406_001.jpg

Reactions: MoonLab and at1010

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Fished that lake many times back in the 80's and early 90's.

Always had pretty good luck between there Clark Hill and Hartwell. We would fish most the day for Bass then in late afternoon start targeting the Crappie.

Have fun and stay safe. Sounds like a great time with great memories being made.

Dad caught one decent fish and we picked up a few dinks. Wind was around 15-20 mph all day. Stilll fun spending time together. Bites were on white spinner baits with sliver blades, white super fluke, and watermelon candy finesse on carolina rig.
ZN7tLGur-515795559.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw you had some good wind gusts today down there, the weekend should be much nicer with little wind....

Shaky heads are productive as well from what I’m being told

Saw you had some good wind gusts today down there, the weekend should be much nicer with little wind....

Shaky heads are productive as well from what I’m being told
Man you can go to lake lanier with nothing but shaky heads and catch a nice bag. That lake is over run with spotted bass. Friend of mine fished a tournament over there 2 weeks ago. Took 19 lbs to win all spots.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Man you can go to lake lanier with nothing but shaky heads and catch a nice bag. That lake is over run with spotted bass. Friend of mine fished a tournament over there 2 weeks ago. Took 19 lbs to win all spots.

That’s a good bag....

We have spots up here, but they’re pussies compared to what y’all have down there...
Biggest spot we caught down at Norman last March was 14” but it thought it was a 5pounder 😂