Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redclouds Journal

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
just got done looking at the video of the water coming in under the blind. Will have to see if I can load it and post it

You will either have to take the back off the phone and take out the mini SD card and load it to the computer or might be able to use a USB to USB cable to load it on there.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I have youtube on my phone and loaded it through that, but it isnt showing up on the youtube on the computer. I'll try to load it from the phone to the computer when I get home from work.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Went out this evening and set in my observation stand in the pasture. Looked out over the old bean field that is now sprouting with winter wheat. The next fencerow has some big ol oaks and guess where all the deer decided to come out and eat. Yup, all the way over there lol. I counted either 8 or 9 deer out there this evening. Looked like all does with their fawns but given the distance I couldn't tell if there might have been a small buck in there too.

No more hunting until this weekend at Strouds.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I only had today off and did not get out this morning but I did make it out this evening. Watched a doe pop out of the woods around 5:30 and she went right back in. She came back out around 6:10 or so. I didn't think she was going to make the 300 yards before it got dark but I watched her anyway. She flipped the white flag and ran back into the woods around 6:30 and shortly after I found out why. There was a buck that came out around 6:45 and hit a scrap on the field edge and then went back to the corner where he came out. I think there was another deer with him but light was fading and I couldn't tell 100% on that. Even though I did not get a shot at any of them, I now know where I will be setup next Sunday evening when I get a chance to make it back out. Every evening sit I have had the deer seem to come out about the same time and in the same general area. I will get something here soon.

It is also official that the droptine buck is now named "Two-Way" lmao. My son named him when I was looking at trailcam pics a couple weeks ago.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It will be a long week waiting to get back after them, Adam. Hope you get a chance at 'em!

Been chasing them all season so another week won't matter lmao. Seems everytime I am out there and see them they are on the other side of that field lmao. Sometimes I hate flatland with no funnels lmao. Stupid things can pop out anywhere they want for no rhyme or reason lol.

Just about bet you next sit when I move over there where I have seen them tonight and a couple other evenings the stupid things will be where I was tonight lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just about bet you next sit when I move over there where I have seen them tonight and a couple other evenings the stupid things will be where I was tonight lol.

No doubt about it. Just the way it works. Maybe you should set up a human decoy where you sat last night, then hang a new set and hunt where they are coming out. lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No doubt about it. Just the way it works. Maybe you should set up a human decoy where you sat last night, then hang a new set and hunt where they are coming out. lmao

Whatever it takes man! lol

Good luck Adam! Hope Droppy finds his way in front of your arrow or Daves! Keep at it man!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got to my hunting property this evening to only find there was yet another new hunter that decided to show up out of nowhere. How convenient that they only hunt this property for the rut and live out of state. This is getting old real quick. That makes at least 4 other guys plus me and Dante hunting this area plus 2 other guys that use this property to access their stands on the neighboring property. This is the 3rd year in a row this crap has gone one. DONE with it all. Waiting for coon season and I will run every fuggin deer on these properties off. Not going in with the .22, nope, bringing in the 12ga to play. Come on Nov. 10th

PICT0260_zps706f9b7b.jpg

PICT0308_zpsda73442d.jpg

Fugger on the tractor lives on the property but doesn't hunt. He has no reason to be doing what he is doing. He was on that fugger again today about noon making rounds of the pastures. Now I know why I didn't see a fuggin thing this evening. The 2 doe I seen this morning was in a cut bean field next property over.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Your kidding me? I would be trying like hell to find somewhere else to hunt. How ridiculous.

Places up here are few and far that will allow anybody but family hunt the property. Public is a joke and the better public is a 45min drive. With my schedule I can't do hunting that far from the house. Bad enough doing it where I am. That's part of the reason I don't hunt the other half of the properties I have. TIME is an issue most days.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hate to read this, Adam!

Hate to post it but it is what it is. Good deer out there just too bad people fug it up before it ever gets started and they go strictly nocturnal a few days into the season every year.

Dante is pulling his stands later this week and I will be pulling mine soon as well. Then we are going to have a talk with the daughter and grandson of the owner and explain what the issue is and why we are pulling out of there.

Last edited: