Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Recloud's 2014/15 season

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
As the start of bow season starts it is bitter sweet. I wanted to be in a stand for the opener but it wasn't to be. I ended up in the ER at 2am this morning do to my shoulder giving me issues and wasn't able to sleep. Ended up getting home around 4:30am and finally able to get some sleep. I was so sleepy lol. Given the east wind we had this morning it wasn't looking good to hunt my properties anyway as the lay of the land doesn't allow for this direction. I would be blowing deer out no matter where I ended up. This evening Temps in the high 70's and a NE wind still is not looking good. Decided to give the shoulder a little more rest as well. I might just wait until later this week when the wind is projected to be out of a more favorable direction. It's a long season and there is no sense educating the deer any earlier then they need to be. I'm not the only person hunting these properties so I'm sure it won't take them long to figure out something has changed. I'm just hoping they don't spread out too far and be into a strictly nocturnal travel pattern. I can't get into or close to any bedding areas because the deer just plop wherever they please so everywhere is a bedding area lol.

I will try to keep this updated the best I can this year and take you all along for the ride. Good luck to my fellow TOOzers. Hunt hard, have fun, and be safe out there.

This evening:
80 degrees
37% humidity
30.2 pressure
E 10mph wind

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Didn't see any deer again this evening. It was really windy and with the amount of acorns on the ground those deer don't have to move much. I just have to find the right oak flat they are feeding on and wait. There aren't many white oaks but I do know where there is a few. Going to hit those tomorrow evening. The oaks I sat in tonight are red oaks and this section of woods gets hammered with rubs every October but I think I am early as there was none to see so far. I figure once the white oaks are gone they will head into this red oak flat in a couple weeks. Still early in the season and just getting an inventory of the grounds. The time will come and I just have to be there to cash in.

I did happen to see a yote cut across the cut bean field and also know he was seen same day and time as last weekend. His days are marked and he will die soon enough.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Trying a different oak flat tonight. Rain just stopped so they should start moving since it has rained all day.

56 degrees
84% humidity
South wind at 14
29.73 Pressure
Overcast