Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ready to turn in my badge

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
As someone involved in hiring decisions, I will tell you this: If you wish to change careers, the most important thing that you've got going for you is your network. Talk to everyone you know that has common sense and discretion and make them aware that you're on the market. A very small percentage of openings are filled thru the traditional ad-response/resume route.

Personally, while I admire those who enter law enforcement for the right reasons and do the job with honor, I have no idea how a "normal" person could ever put up with all the bullshit that goes along with that job. You guys have to put up with insane regulations, constant scrutiny and the fear of lawsuits, politics, and worst of all constant interaction with stupid people and all their crap. It would be like being strapped in a chair and forced to watch Jerry Springer for 8 or 12 hours or however long your shifts are. Lying bastards. Evil people. People who know how to "work it".

Best of luck to you.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have been turning is resumes and applications like a mad man the last couple of days. Wish me luck. I think I'm done being a cop.

How long have you been doing it??? Good luck in the search for a new one.... Anything in particuliar you're looking for?

Personally, while I admire those who enter law enforcement for the right reasons and do the job with honor, I have no idea how a "normal" person could ever put up with all the bullshit that goes along with that job. You guys have to put up with insane regulations, constant scrutiny and the fear of lawsuits, politics, and worst of all constant interaction with stupid people and all their crap. It would be like being strapped in a chair and forced to watch Jerry Springer for 8 or 12 hours or however long your shifts are. Lying bastards. Evil people. People who know how to "work it".

Best of luck to you.

and thats just the people who he works for . you have to put the bad guys on top of that . good luck

Huckleberry Finn

Alaska State Troopers all the way Matt.....good luck in your search.

A deputy from my county said screw it and went up there. He was a county sheriff, made a pittance but had no problems and did a ton of hunting and fishing. Apparently he got lonely and came back though