Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

QAD Ulra Troubles

Anyone else experience fletching contact with a QAD dropaway? It's not affecting my arrow flight (that I can tell), but after a few hundred arrows I'm starting to notice wear on the felt from my vanes. I've tried to adjust the length attachment on my down cable but ran out of tune-ability....Just curious if it's a common thing with QADs???:smiley_chinrub: Thinking I should have bought a limb driven rest....

shooting a Halon 6 @72lbs/30.5"

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep, pretty sure it's a common issue with those rests. Once you go limb-driven you don't go back...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I remove a couple every year. QAD's are just a problem. Not sure why either. I call the the Chevy of rests... Always needing fixed... I think a lot of the problem is from shops setting them up wrong and it does damage to them.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Same deal with my Ultra Pro. Have always notice rub marks. I dont notice it's affected my flight, but Im sure it does even slightly. Kinda drives me nuts. Taking my X- force in to get new strings and cables this week, maybe I will get a Limb Driver and sell the QAD on craigslist

Solo cam bows typically do better with rests that are limb driven or have the launcher cord served as low as possible. If you have to have a rest with a ready to fire launcher the rip cord sos will work better than any of the Qad on your halon.

A LimbDriver or Trophy Taker will cure your ails...

I agree. The tt pronghorn is a good rest. So are the limb drivers. Both have all metal construction and very few parts.

Last edited: