Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pull on boot work boot question .....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I've worn a lot of boots over my years. The best comfortable pull on "work" boot I wore were some Doc Marrins, however they didn't hold up for crap. The next were some pull on caterpillar boots. They held up for a long while and were comfortable but kinda heavy.

Now I wear a pair of Lucchese ostrich skin ropers. Hands down the best boot I've ever worn for comfort, durability, and weight. Like wearing sneakers. But I wouldn't consider them a "work" boot.

View attachment 28146

Joe those are some badass MFing boots! Those are on my to get list someday!

Quote from a customer of mine "Albert, I love these work boots...but when I die I want buried in my Lucchese's" said it all with a deep Texas draw! Makes me laugh time to time! Great boots!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I'm in the market also. I have been wearing pull on work boots but nothing expensive. Have looked at some Red Wing, and some Justin's.

Albert beings this is your forte, what would you recommend?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm in the market also. I have been wearing pull on work boots but nothing expensive. Have looked at some Red Wing, and some Justin's.

I have the red wing Pecos and I love them. They are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. They are waterproof, composite toe, and they have a meta guard.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My Ariat Workhog Square Toe boots have the composite toe and they may be the most comfortable shoe/boot I own, even next to my Mizuno running shoes. Their ATS Max sole is awesome.

at1010

*Supporting Member*

yes sir. So many of you know who I work for. I also sell 60+ brands of boots as well.

rocky western boots, very comfortable, great insole/outsole, outsole is a bit bulky but I think the boots will last a long time.
http://www.rockyboots.com/rocky-men...ce^c-adid^57175813342&country=US&currency=USD

Georgia boots: http://www.georgiaboot.com/farm_boo...ce^c-adid^57178028662&country=US&currency=USD

that link should take you to a great priced Georgia that I can speak highly of especially at that price point.

As Jesse said, Ariat work hog is a darn good boot. Id be lying if I told you I didn't sell a lot of them. Same goes for Justin! Rocky has good warranty and customer service on all their products. Feel free to PM me with any questions or my styles!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Same goes for Justin!

I had to sit on my hands today at Rods. Took my Lucchese boots in to get a heel tap put on as I walk heavy heeled and will wear the rear of the heels on boots pretty bad. They had a pair of Lucheese elephant in there that was calling my name.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423360715.326478.jpg

But really Justin had a nice pair of elephant too for a couple hundred cheaper. That almost did me in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423360776.052128.jpg

Found a pair of elephant Justin's online when I got home that looked good too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423360818.668146.jpg

I'll sit on it for a week or so and mull it over. I hate impulse buys especially ones that expensive. But damn those are mighty fine pairs of shit kickers.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have a pair of hand hewn Rockys that I am really liking right now. Need to get a black/darker pair.

I will not switch from Danner for work or hunting unless they start cheaping out.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What has your customers experienced as far as longevity of the boot?

I know it has a minimum 6 month warranty. I think it might be a year warranty now. I also like the rocky western pull on work style boots!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
My Red Wings are over 3 years old and still going strong. They were starting to look "weathered" and beat up but I have been working with oil base mud here at the Rig and freaking things look almost brand new again. I love em!!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Picked up a pair of Timberland Pro Titan 6" work boots today, as part of our plant is going under construction and will require steel toe. I love them so far. A lot more comfortable than I expected. What do you all treat your boots with or do you? I would like to get a couple solid years out of them if possible.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I use Lexol because I have it around for my ball gloves. Works great. Used mink oil a bunch too. Not a traditional treatment and will change the color, but I have never had the negative effects people say oils will cause. I'm wearing a pair of Double H's that have 4 years of mink oil on them and no sign in sight that it has negatively impacted them. Daily wearers at that...

Picked up a pair of Timberland Pro Titan 6" work boots today, as part of our plant is going under construction and will require steel toe. I love them so far. A lot more comfortable than I expected. What do you all treat your boots with or do you? I would like to get a couple solid years out of them if possible.

I got a pair of the same about a month ago and so far I like them. The company buys me a new pair of my choice once a year, so I figured what the hell I'll try them.